Camping in Pleasant Valley

376 Reviews of 173 Pleasant Valley, Connecticut Campgrounds

c
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2021

Nice, small campground

Pros- warm clean bathrooms Warm cinnamon buns in the am Great playground, pool and pirate ship. We were there with the Scouts and took up a huge grassy area with tents. Looks like a lot of RV’s for the long term, some pop ups, we were the only tents. Went river rafting so super convenient.

Reviewed Sep. 12, 2021

A great place to stay

We love this KOA! I recommend if you were in the area to stop here and spend some time with Michael and his staff. There are plenty activities for everybody. They have a fire truck ride that brings you around the campsite and hay-less rides. There is a pool there is a playground there are games of…

• our little pod
Sitesite 85
Frank D.
Reviewed Sep. 9, 2021

Eh, it works

Definitely more trailer park than campground. The tent area is a small dirt cul-de-sac off to the side between some trailers and the bathrooms. Honestly not terrible though as behind is all woods and when you are in that section you do have an OK level of isolation and natural surroundings

• Nearby Bash Bish Falls
Month of VisitNovember
Cole Y.
Reviewed Sep. 9, 2021

Don’t waste your $$ or time

Very rude and disrespectful owner and employees!

SiteSeasonal
N
Reviewed Sep. 8, 2021

Mixed

If I was reviewing this campground based on it's trails and woodland alone it would get 5 stars. This area is lush, green, quiet, and tranquil during the day. However, if youre like me, and looking for some night time peace and quiet, then this is not the campground for you. There was so much…

Cheryl B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 8, 2021

Great place to relax

Beautiful clean campground All the sites are spacious. The site is on a peninsula in Otis reservoir. Lots of activity in the water! Small area of sandy beach with a pavilion and grills. The comfort stations have flush toilets and there are only three hot showers within the campground. Never had an…

jThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 6, 2021

Lake Taconic / Bash Bish falls

Great campgrounds that are dog friendly and easy to get to. The trail head to bash bill falls was also at the campgrounds which was convenient.

Not a friendly place

My wife and I went there and staff were not very polite. They charge you an extra $10 just for a key they said they were going to have events they never had any of them. However the pool was nice and the grounds were nice but for me the staff the owners really rude I will never return.

Great place for all

This campground is family oriented. They have a pool they have games we even have a hayride pulled by a tractor. It is run buy a family business, wife and I’ve been here many times and we will keep coming back. We are very close to Berkshire East, in a small town of Shelburne Falls. This place is…

T

Near a power station

It cost me $52 because I am not a Massachusetts resident, per night. I got site number one you can hear the hum of the electric station. The Ranger said he doesn’t even notice it anymore. The trails are pretty it’s Labor Day weekend I’m lucky to have a spot. Would not recommend it.

Rebecca S.
Reviewed Sep. 3, 2021

Busy and loud

The campground is nice and large. Very family oriented. Lots of activities. The lake was nice for kayaking. Bathrooms were decent.

Rebecca S.
Reviewed Sep. 3, 2021

Enormous and well maintained

We enjoyed our stay. It was quiet. The salt water pool was clean. Booked a site for October before we left. Showers could use updating.

Jon R.
Reviewed Sep. 1, 2021

Clean, well maintained camping

Very nice facilities. Most of the short-term sites are on a separate loop from the seasonals, which made for a nice short-term community. Sites are well maintained, with fresh wood chips and groomed gravel. Family activities, like archery, were excellent.

Johnny W.
Reviewed Aug. 29, 2021

Worth the stay

Not far off of 395, so that’s always nice. Had a beautiful river side site. Oversized and nicely unkept. Grey dump only due to river so no biggie. Staff was friendly and there was some stuff to do. Crafts for kids a band a wagon ride. Good place overall and great price.

Happy Camper L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 29, 2021

Great time, Great Campground

Amenities Amenities Amenities!!!! This Campground earns the name resort campground! We had so much fun & we were never short on something to do.

The lake is great!! The pool area is a little small, but the attraction is the lake. The splash area at the pool is great for little kids.

From a…