The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Plateau City , COLORADO

Camping Colorado Plateau City Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Plateau City Camping Reviews
Newer KOA on the highway

Easy access to 1 70. A bit of highway noise but not too bad. Check in was easy. Sites are flat, large, but kind of close together. Bathrooms and showers are clean and spacious. Wish the water was more than lukewarm! The mountain and river views were fantastic. There is a nice hiking trail. Lots of family/kid activities-- pool splash pad etc. A good stop over on I 70.

Winter Camping

Stopped here for the night before skiing at PowderHorn. Campground was easy to find, clean and quite. We stayed in a tent site and were the only ones there! There is a portapotty at the entrance of the tent sites but a shower/bath house in the main are which is just a short walk. The bathroom was very clean and showers hot. There is a fenced in dog run area that my pup enjoyed.

Monument RV Park, CO

Monument RV park is located in Fruita, CO which is only 12 miles or 20 minutes from Grand Junction. Fruita has a lot to offer for a small town. There are biking and hiking trails as well as the national monument itself.

At the campground, we were pleased with our stay. The bathrooms, showers and laundry were up to par. Although, one of the buildings was closed for the winter. The dog park had waste that guests didn’t pick up, but it was nice they had a space dedicated to our pets. There is a pool for the warmer months and it’s in close proximity to a Dairy Queen, liquor store and other restaurants. They also have a RV storage space!

Breathtaking

I love the campground

A memorable experience

We loved our stay at Bogan Flats! We stayed 2 nights and got in late the first night. Our campsite was right on the river! I was able to just grab my fly rod and fish the river from camp! The staff was amazing and very accommodating. Perfect location for a jumping off point to explore around Marble, CO! We also loved having bear boxes at the campsite for our food and other storage needs!

We'll definitely be back!

Pretty Pit Stop

We stopped here for one night since we needed a last minute campsite. They had flush toilets and sinks with running water which were kept clean. The campgrounds were tidy and there were only a couple of other campers staying the night as well. Located close to a few shopping centers and restaurants so it wasn’t as secluded as we normally like and not ideal if you’re looking to stargaze but it seemed like a great place for family camping trips if you’re looking for electric hookups and a few extra comforts. We didn’t do much exploring but it looked like they had a few nice trails to walk along.

Has everything you need

I haven't actually stayed here yet but it's on my list. I did have a picnic down by the river and walked the grounds. It's a nice quiet place and like I said I will be back to RV camp. They have water front sites for tent camping and rv hookups up the hill. The cabins looked really nice too! This campground is right on the glenwood canyon bike trail that goes all the way into glenwood springs! Will return and do recommend.

Colorado State parks are great

We just spent a night but like most Colorado state parks, this one is top notch.  The sites are well spaced but since it's wide open, not a lot of privacy.  Cell service was weak but some had a booster and they had a decent signal.

The view of the reservoir is very nice.  Would stay again.

We had the place to ourselves

Loops B and C are closed this time of year and we had the campground to ourselves, with the exception of a late arriver. We normally look for dispersed, free camping, but this was good as far as paid sites go. And, Colorado Natl. Monument is gorgeous.

Total RIPOFF!!!

We reserved online and read the website very carefully. It said that showers and laundry were closed during winter, but that there were restrooms.

When we arrived, we found that they wanted an additional $9/day vehicle charge that was NOT included in the camping fee (and was NOT mentioned anywhere on the website). And to top it all off, there was no water, and no restroom access.

This was completely dishonest and I would never recommend such a poorly-run place!