Strawberry , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent Strawberry Camping Reviews
10/10

Been coming here for our annual family camping trip for years now and love this place. The staff is always friendly and willing help. Will be coming back in the future.

Amazing place to stay for long term

We stayed here for a little over 2 months while waiting for our home to be built. It felt like we were on vacation every night. Pool is open in the winter with heating and a tent over top. Kids loved the arcade games. Thanksgiving and Christmas with friends that camped there. They even offered a New Years celebration. They have full laundry facilities which is great for the long haul RV families! Wonderful staff and kids made friends with other camping kids making our stay seem short for being so long!

Zephyr Cove - Perfect Timing

Most likely due to COVID and it being off season, the campground was barely a 3rd full. We had site 157 about 150 yards from the road. Road noise was not too bad and the ability to see the lake made up for anything we heard. The campground was well maintained. The snow added to the scenery. Our pad was paved, but pretty skinny. Our fold out stairs did not reach the ground due to the small drop off from the pavement. I added a few boards to solve that.   Remember you have to park in the campground and then walk across the street to check in.

The beach was amazing. We had 2 small dogs so they went allowed on the Zephyr Cove beach, but a short walk to the right there is a dog friendly beach. I would argue it’s even better part of the beach. Nice rock formations and sandy beach.

Unhook and go see Emerald Bay. Make sure you check out the waterfall and short like to eagle lake. All from the Eagle Falls parking lot.  Kiva Beach is also a great place to go if you have have dogs or even if you don’t

Closed fro winter

This site is closed, the 4 closed from the west up to SR89

Small sites

We have a 35 foot 5th wheel and a lot of these spots seem small and hard to get into. We have stayed in site 128 and 129 which are pull though and easy to get into. I would book these spots if they are available. The spots in front of us seemed very narrow and a couple trailers had a hard time getting in (around sites #169&170). One site they couldn't even open their awning because of a tree. Motorhomes seemed to fit in these spots better.. We have stayed here a couple times and will probably come back because it's close to a lot of things. Right behind spot 128 is a street kids can ride bikes in. There is also a chain length fence with a walk way on the other side. If you have bikes lock them up. Somebody stole my friends bike. Try and check in online so you don't have to wait. My friend checked in that way. I didn't realize they had that option so I went inside to check in.

Large

Large grass area that looked like it could be for camping, it was on top of the lake overlooking it. It was absolutely beautiful. Didnt see any campers but it didn’t say don’t camp here.

Not camping

Beautiful day trip to see some gorgeous views of a damn and lake. I would definitely come back here again, we happened to just stumble upon it.

Threw a crappy rave here

Back in 2012 a few former friends and myself had all convinced our parents to let us go camping with each other we were all about 18 or 19 and what we didn't say was that we had sent out mass invites for a rave/furry meet. We were all unprepared, had no sound set up, ran out of essentials and food…. We had one giant bonfire and they and the either Rangers or Sheriff's showed up (it might have been both) just as we had finally figured out our sound and told us to shut it down. They gave us a warning about the fires and allowed us to get permits on the spot while they were there. They said they didn't care if we were going to party but to leave no trace of us being there. Its a beautiful spot but after that experience, I'm probably not going back there. Our campground was AAAALLLLLLL the way in back end of wherever camp sites ended. So we had that entire area to ourselves. Driving over ditches, driving up and on the side of the mountains in order to avoid random debris in our cars path…. Yo this place might have actually be trying to me. Looking back it all seems dangerous however, the spot we were at, had rocks that if you claimed all the way to the top, you get an incredible view over looking the river behind our tents and beyond. Good chill place to go smoke weed and watch either the Sunset or Sunrise. Then again, just because it was beautiful isn't going to make me forget this place really did try and kill me.

My rating--4.4/5 Well done Beavers.

I don't have pictures anymore due to many factors primarily because this was way back in 2012 and its now 2020. I wouldn't even know what computer to start up and look at…* Instead please enjoy one of my many all time favorite pictures ever

Threw a crappy rave here

My rating--4.4/5 Well done Beavers.

So awesome!

We went during Covid so we didn’t go in the water but it felt so warm on my fingers. The views around it are pretty surreal. I could sit here for the rest of my life.