Reno, NEVADA

Most Recent Reno Camping Reviews
Friendly

Nice place, clean

Large sites

This lake is a quiet getaway, with waterfront access and a warm lake. Short hike in but has picnic tables and bear boxes.

Views

Takes a rough road to get up to camp. But it has some great views and access to great trails.

Fabulous place to relax

My husband and I just bought an RV and this was our first stop. Thankfully it was a wonderful experience. Alvin (manager) was helpful and welcoming. The shower and laundry facilities were clean. We stayed during a snow storm, about 2’ of snow. The street was plowed the next morning. I would highly recommend this place. Thank you Alvin!!

Does the job, excellent camp host

This campground was just another quick layover for me.

Sites were well maintained, picnic tables, fire rings and bear boxes.

Running water, flush toilets and at every spigot there was a gallon jug filled for you to use to extinguish your fires.

Bathrooms were clean and well stocked, the camp host walked around to check the sites and be sure everyone had paid.

Was a nice quite site but I was toward the back part of the campground.  I'm sure if you were toward the front part there would be road noise.

Best of everything...

If you love the mountains and the beach, this is the place to be! This campground is tucked away in the forest. Not far from a local town to gamble if you like but far enough away you’d never know it was there. Once you’ve entered the campsite area there’s plenty of sites to choose from and plenty of room for privacy. Reservations can be made but are not necessary, once settled it’s just a short walk to the lake and it feels like you’re at the beach. Beautiful sandy shores with glacier clear water at the lake. Winters here are just the best. Sunsets are colorful and vibrant and you will not want to leave when you can catch fresh Salmon! Tree top adventures zip-lining is also not far away and it was one of the best trips we’ve made to date! All amenities are here, as needed. Small shop for wood at the entrance, restrooms, fire pits, tables and secured bear lockers. It is incredibly clean and an overall beautiful campground, we can’t wait to go back!

Alpine Lakes

This is a great glimpse at what the High Sierra lakes further south look like… but better. Dispersed camp sites all over. (Make sure to follow signs and camp appropriately distanced from the lakes)

Childhood campground

This is my favorite campground. It’s the one I grew up going to and it is just so beautiful and relaxing. Highly recommend!