About Wa Ka Luu Hep Yoo
National Forest
Wa Ka Luu Hep Yoo is located in Stanislaus National Forest in California
2 Reviews of Wa Ka Luu Hep Yoo
Popular summer spot

Some great variety in this campground which includes walk in tent only sites! It’s a well laid out campground, tent only spots up front ( near the camp host and showers) and a loop around the back with some well separated sites just above the river.
Years ago this spot was a nice little secret but now it’s often packed and can get quite noisy, especially on the weekends.

We call this place our church

My wife and daughter and I have come here for the past ten years. We love it. The river is beautiful and loud and the fishing is great. Some nice swimming holes too.

There’s men’s and women’s showers toward the entrance which was the only way I could sell the place to my wife.

It’s run by members of the local Miwuk tribe. Charlie kept the place immaculate and is a really nice guy. BUT…Last time I went, (2017?) he was replaced by a guy who looked and acted pretty sketch and looked like he did a lot of meth. Not surprisingly, the showers were filthy.

That aside, the area is stunning, the swimming is fun and I’ve taken a few trout out of the river.