The best YURTS camping near
Fetters Hot Springs-Agua Caliente , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent Fetters Hot Springs-Agua Caliente Camping Reviews
Ritchey Campground in Bothe-Napa Valley park

Great place to stay at when visiting the Napa wine valley that is halfway between St Helena and Calistoga, two nice tourist towns. There are nice hiking trails in the park though they are closed currently (Dec 2020) due to the fire in the area. There was no damage to the campground even though the fire burned into the grounds. The weekends usually are full, it clears out Sunday evening so during the weekdays it is really nice. Staff are really nice. Be careful of the poison oak, it is prevalent there as it is so anywhere in Northern California.

IN wine country, nice sites, sweet little town, wifi, hiking

During COVID, this non profit ecology based campground supplied each campsite its own portopotty (although I believe the camp is closed down today along with the rest of Sonoma County) with volunteer donations. Camp also has wifi, camp store, excellent hikes, and a general good groove. Showers are available. I prefer this one over Bothe Napa park. Very close to all wine country has to offer and a well stocked deli/store and post office just down the road. Despite obvious fire damage in the area, the mostly remaining vineyards were ablaze with red and oranges this Fall! there is an observatory and nice hiking here. Kenwood seems to be a place where gentrification has not taken over attitude. Folks are pretty friendly.

Good for biking and long dog walks.

I love how the campsites are all nestled in the huge cypress trees. Water spigots just a few sites away and plenty of bathrooms too. Lots of families around, made it the perfect Summer outing.

Clean quiet Oak Woodland

Beautiful oak woodlands, hiking trails, very clean with separate porta pottys to protect against COVID-19. Compost, recycling and garbage available.

Prettiest Campground

Honestly one of our favorite campgrounds. Scenic, quiet, dog friendly and close to awesome swimming holes. We booked the MG2 group site and worth the $. It was tucked away and heaven. Close to the coast if you want clams and not far from SF day trip.

Beautiful campground but close to the road

Love this campground … a great basecamp for easy access to everything that West Marin has to offer.  It has wonderful campsites nestled among mature trees with a stream that runs through it.  It's a bit too tight for large trailer or RV camping (unless you are an expert at maneuvering through tight spaces).  Also, if you're tent camping, the vehicle noise from the nearby Sir Francis Drake Blvd can be distracting if you are a light sleeper (and you are tent camping).  But all in all a great locale!

Yurts!

My husband and I stayed here for Christmas, and loved our little yurt. It was very clean, and the bed was actually pretty comfy. It came with a cot as well. The bathrooms were super clean and also really nice. I was impressed. There were hardly any other people staying there at the same time, so we pretty much had the campground to ourselves.

It was pretty chilly at night in December, and the yurts don't really stay warm, but maybe slightly warmer than if staying in a tent.

My only complaint is noise from the road. It runs right by the campground, and pretty audible even inside the yurt. I recommend ear plugs.

Great escape for a weekend get away

Peaceful campground near the water and forrest. Great value and well kept area. Would definitely go back, especially since it is so close to SF.

Beautiful campground among majestic redwoods

The Upper Campground is a gem of a place to camp, nestled among the redwoods on the eastern facing side of a ridge (complete with hiking trails) and a creek.  The Madrone group campground is across Sir Francis Drake Blvd (I personally think it's less scenic but more open).  The only reason I took off a star is the campground's proximity to the road, which is not extremely busy but can be noisy if you are camping in a tent.  Were it not for the noise, we'd go back again and again and again.

Good Stop in Sonoma County

This stop is pretty close to us, and has been a yearly trip. We really enjoy the rural feeling to the area -- no cell phone service for Verizon or T-mobile. If you are trailer or RVing, there are no hookups and no dump station on site. Generators can be run from 10 am to 8 pm. There is an observatory on site which is free to explore, when open. There are many great hiking trails, one of which goes to a seasonal waterfall. The hikes range from easy to difficult. There are campsites that run along the creek which are the preferred for us because of the opportunity to see wildlife at night and the kids love to play in the water. I am not sure what changes that have happened over the last few years, but there seems to be some full time campsites that made me and my family feel uncomfortable. I do really enjoy the campsite, but this may have been the last time we go due to these questionable site living situations. Dogs are allowed, but not on the hiking trails… They have newer restrooms with showers, but they are currently closed due to COVID. Each site has a port-a-potty that is cleaned after each camper checks out.