Pets Unknown
About Lawson's Landing
Lawson's Landing is located in California
3 Reviews of Lawson's Landing
Perfect campground

Stayed here in summer 2016, this place was perfect. Hidden from the winds on the beach just over a hill, this place had super flat spots and a great spot with space for our huge Mercedes Sprinter. This is honestly my favorite campground I’ve ever stayed at. Highly recommend!!

A Family Favorite for Seaside Camping

When I was a kid my family would always camp here! I haven't been back to camp in quite some time, but have visited Dillon Beach for day trips recently and checked out the campground for ol' times sake. It is just as I remember.

The campground is mostly flat and grassy, with fire pits and picnic tables at the sites. One of the great features of this campground is that the camping area is separated from the beach/ocean by protective dunes. You can still hear the ocean, but it isn't as loud and windy as it could be. As a kid, I'd spend all day playing in the dunes. We even found a kitten there once, who we ended up adopting and named "Dillon" after the beach!

There used to be cows that would graze occasionally--which added a fun element. Waking up to cows outside your tent is pretty exciting as a kid.

The beach is lovely, and not overcrowded. Great for beach combing when the tide is low. We often find sand dollars.

Lawson;s Landing / Dillon Beach

tthesouth end of Bodega bay, at the mouth of Tomales bay. I love ocean camping!

Caught and ate crabs both times i've been here