The best BOAT IN camping near
Paulcell Place , ARIZONA

Most Recent Paulcell Place Camping Reviews
Great Spot

The cleanest restrooms/showers I’ve ever seen. Cool lake. Some staff are a little bristly.

Great Campground

We really loved this place. Incredibly clean and well kept sites. We stayed at Mallard 02 and it was a great spot. It’s a double spot so might be really tight if another family showed up. All sites have concrete pads and most seem to have full hookups. Beautiful trail around the lake that was great for birdwatching and walking the dogs. The trail was very easy and would be easy for the kiddos.

Absolutely Beautiful Campground Highly Recommended

Redhead Loop Site 14 may have been the most perfect campsite we had on a month long cross country trip from North Carolina to the Grand Canyon and back. We were blown away by how beautiful Fool Hollow Lake was, and the sites were all spread out so much you'd think you're the only people there. It was quiet, family-friendly, and spacious. I really can't say enough good things about this place. We wish we were there for more than just one night.

Great view and relaxing

NOT FREE Maybe it used to be but now it is $15 a night. I camped nest to the river. What a beautiful view. Only 4 other campers when I was there. Not necessarily a place you would stay more than a few nights. Very close to the cute town of Winslow.

Great for Overnight

Stopped here last minute after visiting the petrified forest. Got there around 6PM on a Sunday and plenty of spots were available! There is a kiosk at the entrance and it is $15 for an overnight camp. Grill and picnic bench for each plot but no potable water source. Restrooms were not super nice but useable. The lake was beautiful especially during sunrise. Wouldn’t spend a whole weekend here unless you are prepared with fishing rods and a kayak, but a good place to lay our head.

Not free

Disregard that review that say “Free”, it’s $15. It’s a great spot if you’re passing through I guess. There is a pretty river flowing past. We went fishing and caught a tiny catfish. It’s a decent place. However I’m not into parking lot camping and that’s what it is. There are no trees.

BATHROOMS WERE THE WORST IVE EVER SEEN. I wouldn’t even expect that at a free campground. And trash was scattered everywhere. My whole group wondered what the money goes towards, definitely not maintenance.

Tent Camping on a Friday night

I had a great night camping at McHood Campground along Clear Creek. It was very peaceful and quiet on a Friday night. Only 4-5 other groups were camping. I woke up the next morning and went for a run around the reservoir before kayaking the 6.5 mile round trip out & back along Clear Creek. Bathrooms were decent and the camping area was very clean. $15 to camp but it was well worth it. I would go back.

Love it- would come back to the exact spot #16 Cinnamon Teal

Really great camping spot during Covid large spots spacious and a quick hike to the lake amazing spot to escape the heat with two roads to get in

Pretty Nice place...

We only stayed a night but we liked it a lot. No internet service and poor phone reception (T-Mobile) which was a little issue for us as we are traveling cross country and we need to confirm some of our upcoming RV stops. We wished would have stayed longer to be able to enjoy the park but definitely coming back for a long stay visit.

One of the best sites if you like to camp and enjoy the lake..!

Located very close to Show Low and right on the Lake - this campground is big and amazing..! Also has a broad selection of campsites ranging from simple tent camping all the way up to large sites with full hook ups for RV's and travel trailers. The views are amazing at all the sites taking in the lake. Lots to do in the water here that's for sure..!

Campsite is clean and very easy to reserve ahead of time on the supported website which is very easy to use and see all the items open.

Extra bonus for this Campground, should you need to, you can cancel your reservation up to 1-2 days out.