Standard (Tent/RV)
About Kaibab National Forest

The Kaibab National Forest truly offers something for everyone. If you are anywhere near Northern Arizona, you won't want to miss the chance to visit us! From canyons to prairies, peaks to plateaus, the Kaibab National Forest offers layers of opportunity for peace, solitude & discovery.

Whether you are seeking a primitive, dispersed camping experience or something with a few more amenities, Kaibab National Forest has lots of camping opportunities and the option to rent historic cabins.

Hike In
No Water Hookups
Kaibab National Forest is located in Arizona
4 Reviews of Kaibab National Forest
Great camping spot

Easy to access and plenty of space for multiple campers to be well dispersed.

Great for an overnight stop! Free and easy up kept roads

Make sure to wear shoes lots of thorns out there. But you can't beat the sunsets because they were very beautiful. Stay in the sand as much as possible. Bring plenty of food and water. It's a free site. I saw lots of RVs and tent campers. I would stay here again. I loved that it was right off the freeway and you did not have to travel far to find a site.

Open with no light pollution

This was a last minute stop for us on our cross country trip, great place to stay before going to the Canyon, about 45 minutes away but an easy drive. We arrive late at night around 11:30pm and there were a few RVs and tents. The road was well maintained, my Honda Civic sport did fine on it which is low to the ground. We found a spot but it seems like you could pull off anywhere on the gravel road. The highway is close so if you are looking for total silence, this isn’t you place. We also didn’t go too far back but I would stay there again if I need a quick place to throw up my tent.

Free & Quiet

Snow when we arrived at night, but there were a few RVs and campers just north of the exit and off the road. You could head back further and get quieter.

Year 2021 Flag