Berlin, WISCONSIN

Most Recent Berlin Camping Reviews
One of our Favorites

We enjoy camping at S’more Fun and kayaking on the lake. The owners are very personable. There are no golf carts to watch out for. The owners have one to deliver wood to your campsite but other than that, there are no others. We try to camp there at least once a year.

Dependable and friendly

When you're traveling, it can be exciting not knowing what to expect around the next corner, but in most places, there's a McDonald's, a Walmart or a KOA, and ya know everything is going to be ok.

Ranger Review: Red Ledge Free Rein Raincoat at Long Lake, WI

Campground Review

I've been going to Long Lake for as long as I can remember. Unfortunately we haven't camped here in a couple years, but it was really nice to be back.

We visited in September this year, so the campground was much more empty that it is in the summer. It was also cool, so we didn't make it to the beach this year.

One big change was that a lot of the larger trees were knocked down in a storm earlier this year, so many of the campsites have less shade than in the past. The one we were on this time we've camped on before, but the spot we usually pitch our tent was where they put the downed trees, so the site was smaller and sunnier.

I still really love this campground. It has a good amount of non-electric sites, which we prefer. The access to many hiking options in the Kettle Moraine state forest is great, and when it is hot out the lake is nice for swimming.

Product Review

As a Ranger for The Dyrt, I get products to test from time to time, this time I got to test the Red Ledge Free Rein rain jacket.

I've gone through many cheap ponchos, but haven't had a real raincoat since I was a kid. The one I had as a kid was rubbery, stiff, and not breathable. The Red Ledge jacket is nothing like this. It is light, comfortable, and breathes well. It even has zippered arm pits, in case you need to air them out 😊

I've only used it a couple times in the rain, but I can say it worked. If you are spending serious time in the rain I'd suggest rain pants, since this goes only a little past your waist, and your pants are likely to get wet. Red Ledge does have a "Free Rein" pant as well, but I haven't tried them.

I'm not sure whether I would pay for a coat like this, but I don't think it is overpriced. It is a well-made coat with high quality materials. Overall, I have nothing bad to say about this rain coat. It is well made, works well, and looks good too.

Clean ants freindly

Had a great weekend…wonderful place …awesome pond with lots of floats

Family Campground

Very friendly place to camp! Majority are seasonal sites but have a lot of room for open camping. There is water & electric hookups. You have the option for them to pump you 2 times a week for an extra $5. Family owned & operated. Animal friendly. Weekends usually have a “theme” so more people, during the week it’s open & quiet. There is a pool, store, rec center with games, & a cabin for rent. Great place to fish especially down a trail in the back part of the grounds.

Lots to do

Yes there are lots of things to do to keep the kids busy and the sites are great, but… it is expensive!!

Wonderful! We will be back.

Great spot to ride bikes or kayak. Clean & green. Loved our stay there!

Beautiful Campground

Wonderful and clean beaches and accessible areas for dogs. The sites are nicely sized and the firewood sales are decent and dry! The paved roads in the campground are nice for bike and rollerblading. We loved exploring the the paths to the lake from our site. We will definitely be back soon!

Beautiful campground

I have always loved this campground since I was a teen. We went this past labor day weekend and loved the nice big sites, the paved roads for bikes and rollerblading and the beaches were really clean. We loved just walking around the paths to and from the lake to our site. People were very respectful the firewood was kept in a dry spot (always a pet peeve of mine, some campgrounds dont have the best storage system). Overall great place and we will be back very soon.

Favorite Campground in area

Camped here many times, there are 3 lakes w in campground, a beach lake w pavilion n bathrooms, there is a fishing pier w walk bike trail around lake, bike or drive to any of the lakes n beach, all non motorized, can rent kayaks n canoes, pan fish n bass, restrooms, vault and flush, free showers, host on site, patrolled by dnr n no loud noise so its a peaceful park. W in boundaries of park is Marl lake used to be mined for its sand to make motor for bricks, very deep, n cold, excellent snorkeling, it has a dock to jump off of,connects to a few lakes that are part of Waupaca water ways park and walk to this lake. Walking trails around lakes w in park. firewood n ice available.

Must have state park pass plus camping fees.

Great views

St park pass required in addition to camping fees, fire wood and ice available, ice cream shop not far from park, lots of trails, tower to walk up to, beach not in camping area but close by, on Lake Winnebago, butterfly fishing pond, plenty of fishing. No dogs allowed on beach, some new electrical work was done to add to sites, flush toilets w showers.

Lots of hiking trails

Nice county park

On lake Winnebago w boat landing, can canoe or kayak shoreline if not too windy, hiking trails, kids play area, close to town.  No entrance fee.

There are Indian effigy mounds in park which are burial grounds and are not to be touched.

Very family oriented

Place is filled w activities for kids, heated swimming pool large large pool, water slide, free movies on fri night cartoons sat morning, the tent sites are on a mowed grass area w porta potties, but free showers and restrooms are in park, very crowded on weekends.  Many rentals available pass for water slide includes free mini golf, arcade free games for kids to participate in.

Staff does well to keep up with the crowds, holiday weekends usually live music in pavillion.  Its a place to have fun and enjoy others, not a quiet place, just depends what you are looking for.

It is on lake partridge for fishing and boating activities, also connected to the Waupaca chain of lakes, fishing pond w in park, canoe rental.  They  added a newer section for campers a few years ago, there is one trail for walks but along the lake shore swampy and tooo tooo many mosquitoes.

Great family fun

My dad took me here when I was in junior high. And now I’ve been taking my daughter here for years. Two beaches and a fishing pier make our top list of daytime activities. The Ice Age trail comes through the forest and makes for some nice hiking. Flush toilets and showers are also a great perk!

Very quite, but

Great campground, very quite, extremely clean rest room facilities, lots of trees. Pool is extremely cold! The bar & grill is only open Thursday-Saturday. This is also where you need to go to get items for mini golf and is attached to the ice cream shop, arcade, etc. With this being said it's extremely difficult to get anything for the kids if need be or to get ice if needed. We tried multiple times through out the weekend, either no one was there or wouldn't answer the window. Very disappointing! Especially when you have younger kids that want to play the golf or have ice cream. We were looking forward to eating at the bar & grill. No such luck. We probably would have changed the dates we were staying had we known in advance that everything is pretty much closed Sunday-Wednesday (or at least minimal hours). We weren't even told upon check in on Saturday that they close those days. If want just quiet time to yourself and not worried about all the amenities then this is a great place! Otherwise look elsewhere if those are wanted or needed amenities.

A few nice sites but very loud and very buggy

We had a pretty cool site up on a hill which was awesome. But the noise from the congested RV campgrounds below made it feel less peaceful. I can deal with mosquitos, but the mosquitos here were unbelievable. It seems like a fun way to get out on a lake, but in terms of hiking or rest and relaxation it wasn’t really our thing.

Loved it- lakeside camping and spacious sites

We had site A11, and just loved the location. The A loop is overlooking the lake and close to the beach. Big pine trees so your campsite is really flexible- we had 3 sites A10-12 and just made it a big area for the families to merge in. Plenty of trees and coverage for hammocks, fire pits can be moved. The only negative is that showers cost $0.25 for 3 min. We skipped the showers and just went swimming. There’s a big beach area roped off, and a swim platform for the big kids. There’s a boat launch, and Buckhorn State park is just 15 min away if you need more trails. Dogs were welcomed, plenty of bathrooms and trash locations. They have 2 dump and fill stations for rvs. We have a 28 ft travel trailer and had tons of space at our site. So far, this may be my favorite camping location in WI! We went mid August, and didn't have problems with mosquitoes but we load up on the DEET. We are already planning our group camping trip again for next year! Also was able to get a nice 6 mile run in on roads without much traffic.

Louder campground. Tent area is quiet.

This campground is a great family oriented campground. There were many seasonal sites that were located in the main portion of the campground. There is a playground and a beach area. You are also able to rent paddle boats to use on the lake. You are also able to check out horse shoes to play and a bar for the adults to enjoy themselves at.

There are three sections to this campground. The main section houses the seasonal sites and cabins that you can rent. There are also some open sites that you can rent by the night. We noticed that this section was much louder than the other two. With the number of people that come up each weekend and the bar there was a decent amount of partying that was happening. We walked back to the back section of the campground, which is past a marshy area, and found this to be quieter. There were also not as many people staying here the weekend we were there. We stayed in the front section of the campground, which has smaller camping spaces for rent. This was the quietest area of the campground, especially not many others were camping the weekend that we went. After walking around the rest of the campground, we decided to stay near our site since it was so quiet there.

The main section of this campground is very open with few trees. There were trees along the walk to the back section, but again it was open once you arrived there. The front section had the most trees, but was still fairly open. Water was located next to the bathroom and the bathrooms were clean.

I would try this campground again if we had children, because there would be things for them to do. However, if we would be going by ourselves and we were planning on staying somewhere for hiking and for peace and quiet, I would choose another place to stay.

Affordable place to stay near Oshkosh

$15 a night for a site with electric hookup! Dump station and fresh water on site. Large gravel sites are flat but not secluded. Max of 2 week stay.

Expensive

Expensive and not much to do. Attractions are shut down most of the time. Won't be going back.

Awesome for the whole family

The best we’ve been to that is fun for the whole family

Awesome Family Campground

This is a great family campground. We just returned from a family reunion of 20 people camping together and they were great to work with. We were able to have 3 pop ups and 2 tents on 3 sites. We also rented a cabin for the great grandparents. All sites and cabin were clean. Bathrooms were also clean. Women's bathroom had only 1 working soap dispenser, but that caused minimal issues. Pool was clean and surrounding area was clean. Many activities for the family, bounce pad, volleyball, basketball, tennis, horse shoes, mini golf. We were disappointed that for$3 per person for mini golf that the course was so dirty. We did what we could to remove rocks, sticks, pine needles, etc from the holes in order to have a better family tournament. There was a good mixture of permanent and non permanent sites. Nicely wooded. We had a quiet week and on the weekend, the traffic picked up, but it was still quiet at night. My one complaint would be that since I was trying to work while camping this past week, we did not have any internet access like their website mentions. However, we did have a bad storm our first night and I believe the building was hit by lightening. Frontier was on site at least two days, but the internet did not improve. The only other odd thing was the wagon ride on Friday night. It started off great and then we went into the woods. They had all sorts of odd decorations randomly nailed to trees which distracted from the wagon ride and made us adults ready to get off of the wagon.

This campground is only 10 to 15 minutes from everything that you would want to do in the WI Dells. We did do some traditional Wisconsin Dells things while camping. One of which was riding the Original Wisconsin Dells Duck Boat Tour. While the jokes are super cheesy, the scenery is beautiful and the driver let our son drive the duck boat in Lake Delton. I would recommend this tour. I do not know how it compares to the Army Duck tour. We also ate lunch at MACs, which is an all Macaroni and Cheese restaurant. The Jalapeno Mac was so spicy it made our nephew cry and even my husband said it was spicy. Everything we ate here was great, including the Jalapeno Mac. We would highly recommend.

we went 8/10,weather was nice,beach campground 924 spot was close to showers and restrooms.Good and close plase for gateway,its onlu 2,30 hours from Chicago

Great spot for tents

Our spot was a nicely wooded site in the back portion of the campground. The hiking trails are beautiful, with great views. Its a great place for some fall camping.

Very quiet, clean, and friendly.

Sites were clean. The staff were very friendly, respectful and kind. The scenery is beautiful.

Great campground in central Wisconsin

We've been going here for the last couple of years and Vista Royalle is a highlight for the family.

They have a man-made sandy pond with lots of inflatables and kayaks on it. Also a Pavillion and "octo-ball" court. The main sites are in planted pine trees which is nice as it gives you some separation from neighbors. There are also group sites too that are really well placed. At the edge of the campgrounds is a fishing pond which is also a great ace to take dogs if you have any.

Good family campground

Family friendly campground. Plenty for the kids to do. Theres a fishing pond (catch and release) arcade, jumping pillow etc. Owners are friendly and helpful. Have events almost every weekend. Check it out. You wont be disappointed.

Family friendly, activity on Weekends , pet friendly , bar/grill, General

Very clean , family friendly and Pets welcomed. Small Bar and Grill.

Cute! Slightly outdated

Perfect little campground, stayed right on the water! No better way to wake up!!

Perfect!

This Beach is perfect, horse trails, biking trails. Right along the ice age trail!