The best TENT SITES camping near
Whittier , WASHINGTON

Most Recent Whittier Camping Reviews
Convenient, clean

I’ll start with the thing to be aware of: you’ll be camping 200’ from I-90. But we found our ear plugs did a good job of quieting that noise enough for us to get a good sleep.

Once inside the park you’ll find it clean and green. The bathrooms are really clean and the showers are great. It has water, electric, sewage, fair WiFi and washer/ driers.

Disappointed

I didn’t call ahead but when I got there the gate was locked mid day 4/6/21. Very close to the freeway and didn’t look like much to do. Was hoping for something close to water.

Great hiking! 30’ RV, dry camped

We went here in October and dry camped with our 30’ Motorhome so not the typical experience others would have in a true RV site. I only took away a star because it was advertised as ok for a Motorhome but the gravel pull through was so not level the jacks pushed the front tires 6 inches off the ground. But there was lots of private space and the trails were beautiful as they wrapped around the river. Lots of great fishing spots.

Nice people. Okay location

Clean bathrooms and very nice hosts. Price was right too. Has a small/medium playground right in the front.

The location where they put us was not great though. Basically, a gravel/snow parking lot away from everyone else but even closer to the freeway and filled with random debris. I might stay here again if I was in the area but would ask to be put in a spot further away from the road noise.

Quaint little campground

Great little campground. Along a little river but not right at campsites. Crawdad along banks at night. Lots of bats at night. Right off of highway. Restroom with fresh water access. No electricity, no on site manager/ranger. No cell reception for t-mobile customers. Burn bans in effect typically in the late spring to early fall dependant of course on the amount of annual moisture in the region. Sold out prebooked for most major holidays. Good idea to book ahead of time by calling the local ranger station. High cougar population so keeping an eye on pet's and smaller children a must especially around dusk and after dark. Also bear area. But our family has never had any problems nor seen any large predators when we do our annual family camping trip there. Also be sure to do any last min. Shopping in cle elum because there is nothing as far as retail grocery stores past this point and it's about a 45 min drive each ways to cle elum. There is a final gas station about 10 mins drive from the campground that has basic camp supplies and ice. High prices for the convenience. And they close at 9pm if my memory serves me correctly. Beautiful area. Very peaceful.

A phenomenal rustic campground, if you plan around mosquito season.

Day 1-2: GORGEOUS!!! Perfect sunny & breezy weather, insane views from the campsite. Very quiet and only a handful of first come first serve sites. Simple toilet facilities. Fire rings. All the makings of perfect car camping.

Day 3: The wind dies down and OUT COME THE MOSQUITOS. I camp a lot, I have done backpacking/car camping/overlanding in all seasons and encountered bugs-a-plenty. The mosquito swarms in mid-June are ABSOLUTELY unbearable. No amount of bug spray seemed to matter, they were flying into ears/eyes/mouths and into the flame from the cookstove by the hundreds. Not that many bites for the number of them, but I you will be COVERED in them. We ended up bailing and getting a hotel in Leavenworth for our last night because they were so bad.

Camp close to Seattle with the expected crowds

Great little campground, yes it's crowded but it's so close to the city that you can't expect much else. You are still under the canopy of the forest so its like camping lite. Clean facilities, a great spot for short day hikes. We hit this up on stop one of our Cascade Loop camping trip and it wasn't the best or the worst place we stayed. The hike to Franklin Falls is nice, even if it's wicked crowded.

It’s... ok

The campground is small but does have bathrooms. The sites are pretty close together. It’s cool to take a walk from the campground to the beach but that’s about it. It’s a small park in the city, nothing else to it.

Also, lots of mosquitoes during summer!

Peaceful spot with a frozen lake!

We loved this spot! Visited for my first overnight backpacking trip in mid-March and there was still lots of snow on the ground. The road to the trailhead wasn’t plowed so we ended up hiking in 1.5 miles. Hike was pretty snowy/icy but we managed without too much trouble. Were pleasantly surprised by a frozen lake at the end of the hike!

Private and secluded

Beautiful sites all along the lake. Quiet and private- the perfect getaway.