the dyrt
No Water Hookups
No WiFi
Kanaskat Palmer Recreation Area is located in Washington
3 Reviews of Kanaskat Palmer Recreation Area
Awesome place to go. Highly recommended for camping or day use.

I love this campground I stayed here to complete a natural resource college assignment and I will return many times. Beautiful and has all the user rentals. Those are cool. I recommend this campground.

Our favorite camping close to home

We love coming here. It's close proximity to our house allows us to hook up the trailer after work and include a Friday night in our camping weekend! The availability seems pretty good too, especially in Spring when some campgrounds are not quite open yet.

This campground has great clean and heated bathrooms. Sites and roads are paved. Hook ups are electric only, bring your water. The first time we went we did not know and our Basecamp's heat runs via the hot water heater. It was cold! The sites are large and pretty private. We have stayed in site 42 which is a back in spot with fire pit and table above the back of the pad. Also, we have enjoyed site 38, a pull through that gave us nice wooded views and privacy.

The campground loop is a nice walk or cruise on a bike. There is easy access to a beautiful stretch of the Green River, with picnicking areas and walking trails. You might catch a kayaker in the river, I hear this stretch take a lot of skill!

A really great state park

I've stayed here many times. It is a well laid out campground with lots of amenities. The sites are fairly private with a fair mix of hookup and tent sites plus several Yerts too. The restrooms are centrally located with showers and are cleaned often.

There are several hiking trails and the river is gorgeous. It has a huge day use area and a group site is available. A dump site is also available for RV's.

Its reasonably close to the city within an hour or two. 45 minutes for me so it is good for a weekend getaway but supplies are not far if you forget something.

Pros: lots of sites and lots to do. Good clean restrooms. Lots of wildlife.

Cons: the hookup sites have power only; no water so RV'ers fill your water tanks before you arrive. Children at play can be really loud but hey they're kids what do you expect. Some of the wildlife can be very bold do to people thinking it's ok to feed them. (Raccoons)

overall I recommend this campground and will be back myself many more times.