The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Whittier , WASHINGTON

Most Recent Whittier Camping Reviews
Great winter camping option in the Leavenworth area!

We stayed here in February and used the campground as a home base for a XC ski trip. The winter camping area is in the South Campground in what is the summer-time day use area. Tents can set-up near the water in the trees. Vans and RV have to stay in the parking lot. We only had two other groups camping on a Thursday night. Apparently it gets busy even in winter during the week-end.  There was an open heated bathroom with shower and a warming hut with a woodstove (not on and no firewood) used by skiers. Views are awesome and access to groomed ski trail network was also right off your steps.  Decent AT&T cell reception.

Closed until March 2020

Incase you were looking for a winter spot. This isn’t it!

Go offseason

Best in late fall when it's cooler. Less loud drunkards. Dont get me wrong, I love my cocktails but can get a little obnoxious. Can fit large RV's down a half mile rough road. I have been a few times in october/November in a 40 ft 5er. No hookups or onsite water. We went into Mt Ranier nat park and filled a 40 gallon tank from a waterfall along the road then pumped it into the rv. VERY large sites for RVS. Many smaller tent sites. We were there during military skydiving practice. Very cool!

The spot is made for an experienced RVer

It was a quiet place but obviously has a lot of full timers. It took a long time to get set up because of the ridiculously small amount of space I had to maneuver my 33ft RV and my 8ft extended cab truck.

Large, busy NFS campground

Summer weekends are packed and if you don't have a reservation and want to stay for the weekend you'll need to arrive Wednesday morning. They have a few sites that are walk in and they definitely aren't as choice, waterfront sites, but it was close enough. We came in with a hybrid travel trailer and large SUV and had lots of room. Some sites are more suited to tents. The usual vault toilets and dispersed water spigots throughout the park. The water is crank and it took about 300 turns to fill a 5 gallon can. Garbage on site and the host sells firewood.

Amazing campsite great for family and friends!

We love Lake Wenatchee and it has become an annual trip with a couple other families that we camp with.  The sites are roomy and well taken care of.  The bathrooms are clean and accessible.  There are some great trails that you can walk to and more if you're up for a drive.

The lake is beautiful, though it gets really windy in the late afternoon, so you'll want to spend you time there earlier in the day.

The town of Plain is close by and has a really useful grocery store with great ice cream and a good selection of emergency supplies.  There is also a laundromat behind the grocery store, just in case!

Beautiful wooden campground

This is a beautiful campground which has both primitive and hook up spots. The only downside, is the road is narrow and the spots are difficult to maneuver any RV over 28 feet. Saw a small pick up truck pulling a small trailer having a very difficult time turning corners and navigating campsite spots.

Charming and picturesque! Super friendly hosts

I was so impressed with the organized check-in process, efficient simple paperwork, and welcoming feeling I got when we rolled up without a reservation. We were even "escorted" to our spot! There are lots of trees, cows and horses near by and it's super quiet, oh, except for the numerous freight trains than ran through the night. Bring ear plugs, problem solved. The grounds are immaculate; you can tell these people really care about this place. There's a gate to enter and exit so we felt very safe and there weren't random vehicles driving around. Beautiful rolling hills and open wheat fields made for a lovely bike ride. Definitely recommend this place!

Great spot
  1. http://www/yakimarv.com
  2. My wife and I started full timing in our RV three years ago and have stayed at many RV parks during that time. Yakima River RV Park is one that is special to us. It's located on the Yakima River near Ellensburg Washington. It is a small privately owned park in a beautiful valley. The park is great for self-contained RV's and it does offer some dry camping sites. Due to the park being on a flood-plain there are limited FHU sites available for a minimum 2 day stay. WiFi is free and relatively strong. The grounds are carefully maintained with grass and trees between the spacious sites. Sites can accommodate RV's up to 60ft. and are pull through. Overflow parking is available for your toad or cargo trailer. If you are looking for a quiet overnight stay or longer, this is for you. Oh, you may occasionally hear the baying of the rodeo bulls in the pasture next to the park
Ultimate eastern WA lake camping

This place has everything, including some serious wind and freezing mornings. Bring your paddle boards, kayaks and floatation islands, though the water was cold my family never left the water. One day was so windy not only was rentals closed, but the cold lake was not appetizing. Instead we drove to Safeway in Leavenworth, went shopping in town and picked up pizza from Rudloof’s Pizza and Brats, greasy, but incredible. I wish we planned white water rafting in Leavenworth, it seemed like a few fellow campers were planning to. Fire ban was a bit of a bummer, but understood, I wish I had a propane fire pit for those cold mornings. My family will be back.