Camping in Providence

317 Reviews of 38 Providence, Virginia Campgrounds

SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2021

Hiker heaven

This is my go to park to hike. So many trails of all lengths. Historic homestead, amazing waterfalls, hiking, backpacking & climbing.

SiteC
SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2021

Peaceful & Quiet Camping

Arrived on a Friday morning & was the only one there. Had my pick of all the sites! Campground was very clean with trash bins & porta-potties. Trails were well maintained & short walk down to the river. Would definitely stay again!

Tara N.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 30, 2021

Large level sites convenient to Mayberry

The campground has a nice playground, large sites with grass and rock parking pads. Full hookups. All sites are in the sun. This campground is very convenient for touring through Mayberry.

Zack K.
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2021

Incredible Scenic destination!

We camped here while learning g to roast coffee and it was incredible. It was early November and the colors were incredible. I think we missed peak colors by a week or so. The next week it dumped snow. I hate we missed that!

Month of VisitDecember
Kelly Z.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Secluded mountain camp

The host at the campground was welcoming and informative! I sadly do not remember his name, but he made sure I had all the information about the mountain camp land & trails and was incredibly hospitable. I wish I had time to spend more than one night so I could have explored the grounds! The…

SiteC-4
Robyn W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Waaaay up in the mountains

If you are fearless and willing to take your RV up a beautiful small winding road into the mountains this is the place for you. However, for myself it rained… so it was quite the experience driving up and considering the limited visibility. Also when I arrived at my site there was no power on the…

C
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2021

Beautiful views and clean bathrooms

We have tent camped and RV camped here. Great site with lots of space and kept up well. Views are great and area is beautiful.

SiteC7
Teresa S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2021

Room With View

Mayberry is big rig friendly even though it is set on a rolling hill/mountain. All sites are gravel and clean.

The campground doesn't have much to do, but it is a great place to stop a couple of nights to see Mayberry (My. Airy) and all the history of the Andy Griffith show.

• Fun Police Car Tour
Missy A.
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2021

So peaceful

Enjoyed my stay at the Helton Creek campground. Very peaceful and friendly

Jacqueline F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Not my favorite

It’s an amazing drive to this campground, but it definitely wasn’t my favorite. Most of the sites are not level and it felt very crowded. The bathrooms and showers were pretty gross and I don’t think they were cleaned the 3 days we were there. Our site was by the dump station which was in sitting…

• trail near campsite with overlook views
  • am I Batman? :)
  • downhill bike ride to campstore
Michelle The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2021

Never Again

We booked a full week here in June. Never again.

Let me start with the pros...the staff is attentive and always working. The pond is nice with the ducks swimming around. Great location to thenwineries.

Cons:

There are no trees to be found near the sites, and in the heat of summer you need some…

m
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2021

Really nice state park

Beautiful park! Scenic beach, nice trails. Clean and quiet campground with easy pull through sites. Friendly staff. Would definitely go back!

AThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2021

Easy stop

On the blue ridge parkway. We stayed in one of the cabins, it was clean with fresh linens, a fridge, and microwave. Comfortable relaxing porch chairs to watch the sunset over the mountains. The owners are super friendly and helpful.

• cabin6
  • sunset
  • some of the campsites
Sitecabin 6
Jacqueline F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2021

Secluded spot with super hosts

There isn’t much to look at once you get up there, but it’s still pretty. We had a neighbor nice enough to give us his site because he was leaving early and I would have stayed another night there. It was C3 backed into the woods on level ground. It made for a cozy morning.

• hiking trails after rain brought out wildlife
  • butterfly lookint fungi along trails
  • road up the mountain
Sitec3
W
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2021

Bring lots of people

Lots of space, cheap price, walking distance from the lake raccoons and skunks everywhere all night.

Sitegroup site