Camping in Cottonwood

250 Reviews of 32 Cottonwood, Utah Campgrounds

C
Reviewed Sep. 9, 2021

Antelope Island

Great place to see some wildlife and you are still relatively close to the city. I saw Bison, coyote, cool spiders and tons of birds and insects.

• lots of Bison.  you can get pretty close and stay in your car
  • view back towards the city
  • pronghorn sheep
Bill M.
Reviewed Sep. 4, 2021

Easy and quiet

Set up was easy, drove past the BLM sign about half a mile and stayed on a flat open area. Mosquitos were terrible, bring bug spray! Happy camping!

Month of VisitOctober
David H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 28, 2021

Love It!

We live so close we’re at this park all the time. Spent a weekend camping with friends. Got lucky and lined up the three spots in a row right by the creek (last three before the trail up to the falls). Was a great time with good people. Bathrooms were clean and camp host was nice and helpful.

Kellie M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 18, 2021

Great place

It was nice get away from Ogden

susanna R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 13, 2021

Great spot!

We pulled in later in the evening with no reservation and was able to find a spot with full hook-ups for our camper. It was a nice campground, well maintained and pretty! Nice paved paths for our kiddos to right their scooters and fun water activities available to the kids for free (water bounce…

SiteSite 3
CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 12, 2021

Gorgeous spot, crowded on the weekend

You must have high-clearance 4WD to get to these sites. Also like one of the other reviewers states, this does not mean that you’ll be one of few campers at the lake. We found a beautiful campsite that was secluded and settled in. Then we learned that a trail encircles the lake and goes through all…

Sitedispersed off 938A
Rob M.
Reviewed Aug. 11, 2021

Nice campground!

Lots of trees and fire pits. Nice hiking trails around. It gets cooler at this elevation so bring a jacket even in the summer.

M
Reviewed Aug. 7, 2021

Something for everyone

This campground has been a friends and family favorite for many years.

My husband and I recently took our toddler and infant here and had a blast. They found joy in simply throwing pebbles in the creek and making mud. Before we had kids, we would bike and hike along the different trails. There’s…

• lots of blueish and purplish rocks to find here
  • The creek was low, but as you can see there’s plenty for adventures.
  • our site had a fun log laying across the creek
Brian P.
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2021

Great Campsite

A nice getaway from the city for the weekend. It’s usually pretty busy. The camp boat are great. Bathrooms are close by but no showers. Nice concrete pads and tables.

Mike E.
Reviewed Jul. 28, 2021

Whitney lake

Great overnight trip. Water level is very low and it was fairly crowded for a Tuesday night. Roads are in very bad shape for the number of RVs in the area. Great scenery and lots of deer wandering close by.

• nice Jeep bro!
  • low water
  • sun rise
Siteunknown
Kati C.
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2021

So Beautiful

So many beautiful views! Lots of people but everyone was nice and respectful. Will be going again.

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2021

Cold Water Canyon Loop

If you want shade, check out the Cold Water Canyon Loop. The bathroom was close to my site. However, I had to drive to Loop A to get water for washing. Lots if biting flies.

Sitecold water canyon 9
Ash S.
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2021

Nice area but loud traffic

Nice area and large camping sites. Toilet available. There's a river to play in at a pull off just a few minutes down the road. Tons of trails. A couple of deer wandered right through our campsite.

Downside- the campsites are really close to the main Alpine Loop road and there are cars constantly…

Bethany R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Awesome!!

I stayed here for three nights (July 7-9 2021) and it was great!! I’m on a road trip to Chicago from California and this was the first place I stayed and I absolutely loved it.

The campsites are hidden but close together which I loved being a solo female traveler it made me feel so safe knowing…

Elsewhere
Reviewed Jul. 16, 2021

Nice place

Clean... a bit busy... lots of folks biking and walking on the public trail next to campground... but not noisy. Provo River runs through it.
Highly recommend! Make a reservation for sure.

• Bridal Veil falls