Camping in Redwood Estates

46 Reviews of 23 Redwood Estates, Texas Campgrounds

E
Reviewed Jul. 27, 2021

Palms rv park

Great park! More long term tenants than over nighters. But still a good park. Quiet and kid friendly. The new owners are working on improving the appearance, as the previous ones left a bit to be desired.

Marsha The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 27, 2021

Great Location for Nasa

We were able to stay 3 nights across the clubhouse and pool. We uber to NASA and it was so convenient. We also had a shipt delivery to us for groceries! I could stay there longer but the journey had to roll on!

Zachery S.
Reviewed Jun. 26, 2021

Level spots lots of room

We have enjoyed our stay at the preserve! Have 3 little boys who enjoy fishing and they have plenty of creeks and ponds near campsites; it isn’t the most luxurious parks but if your looking for a state park feel this place is a home run!

Sitec9
JP A.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 25, 2021

Great for a salt water cleanse

When I started on my journey, I knew I wanted to spend some considerable time on the beach and Crystal Beach didn't disappoint.

I picked up the $10 beach parking pass and spent about two weeks there the first time.

You do want to make sure you set up on the north side of the beach although that…

Siteby barrel 49
Lawrence Robert T.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 1, 2021

We park, lots of people here to work

Nice level concrete pads. Very tightly packed together. Had a pool and clubhouse. Very nice clean bath/shower rooms and laundry facilities. Only real problem was the people park on the main thruway making getting in and out with the trailer difficult. We had to wake a guy up to move his truck to…

gThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2021

Clean

When we stay at KOA we know we will have a relaxing campground experience. The environment is clean and quiet .

SiteArlington
Angela R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 20, 2021

Camp Mohawk

I love this park it's a great place to take your family my granddaughter loves to walk the trails, very clean

Daniel L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 14, 2021

Tent camping

Nice place for tent camping there is no water bathrooms or electricity. Great place for being in contact with nature. If you are looking to be away from the civilization but at the same time not that far it is perfect.

Debbie J.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Feb. 7, 2021

Peaceful, Private Campsites

We enjoyed camping at Double Lake.  The campsites are huge and well kept.  I believe all have full hookups.  We had a lakefront site which had a private little path to the lake.  The shore was good for fishing.  There is a trail which goes around the whole lake, and it was such a nice hike we did…

• Looking at our campsite from the lake
Will J.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Feb. 3, 2021

Beautiful spot. Great cell service. Free.

We spent 2 weeks here during the winter. It’s a really quiet spot with a few other RV’s here and there in the beach. We have AT&T and cell service was excellent. Weather was good while we were here although it got pretty windy a few nights. Tents may be difficult. We were in a 26’ travel…

J
Reviewed Jan. 29, 2021

Easy access flat beach camping

Half mile stretch at end of access road to left is nice beach with dunes and free dispersed camping. Other sections require permit (on line or in person). Watch tides and weather, but really easy safe beach with big views. There are of course oil tankers visible and so not a pristine natural…

DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 13, 2021

Greatest experience.

Check the weather! I was there the night of a tornado watch. 70 mile an hour winds and heavy rain. Got alerts on my phone but I had about 6 drinks and did not want to risk those problems, so I braved the storm. Very humbling experience. To be fair, the weather was clear when I started the 500…

Devin P.
Reviewed Jan. 3, 2021

Awesome little slip of paradise.

Deep in the woods and on a nice shallow lake. Fantastic for walks around the lake, playing in the park, and fun trails. Camp grounds are spacious and we'll thought out. Will definitely return, as it was only an hour from Houston!

S
Reviewed Nov. 25, 2020

Great Park!

Great park with an amazing location.  Everything you need is very nearby.

Month of VisitDecember
Wyatt J.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 14, 2020

Free dispersed camping right off the gulf

Let the ocean put you to sleep. We stayed in November, the temps were perfect to a little cool. We're about 17k pounds and had no issues driving and setting up on the sand. It is pretty, there are shells everywhere, and, not many others camped here at this time.