Camping in Cross Roads

Recent Reviews Near Cross Roads, Texas

70 Reviews of 70 Cross Roads, Texas Campgrounds

Marc T.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Absolutely Stunning Hidden Gem!

Perfect small rv park with an unbelievable view. This RV park sits atop of a historic state landmark, Loves Lookout Mountain, just north of Jacksonville Texas. This park has the best view in East Texas.

Mr. Mortis, owner/operator, is as nice and down to earth as they come. He obviously cares a…

Marc T.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Great Park, People and Wine

Nice, well maintained park with the usual amenities. Very nice staff and a cool little store at the entrance. Just around the corner from the Kiepersol Winery and restaurant. Great central location for visiting Tyler, Canton, Lindale, Gladewater and more.

Veronica S.
Reviewed May. 18, 2021

Peaceful lakeside retreat at a reasonable price!

Solo camped with my big dog and had a blast. I went Sunday thru Tuesday, so I was the only camper on the entire loop!

Lots of water spigots, lots of shade, and sturdy fire pits make this campground really convenient. Most lakeside campsites appeared to have canoe ramps worn in.

The bathrooms…

• The bath house is part of the day use area, which includes a nice beach/swimming area and a little amphitheater.
  • There are a couple of nice informative plaques in the park, like this one dedicated to the man who planted most of the Davy Crockett National Forest, apparently.
E
Reviewed Apr. 15, 2021

Very nice but small

We stayed in a pull through here. Nice concrete pads, average size for the site for a privately owned park. Great little fishing pond, but not much else to do. I would say a good weekender or awesome stop-over!

Month of VisitNovember
Daniel L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 14, 2021

Quiet hunting area

Primitive hunting camp area we enjoyed the nice and quiet area

J
Reviewed Apr. 8, 2021

Quiet hideaway

3 separate camping areas, large travel trailer accessible. State maintained access roads, and vault toilet.

S
Reviewed Mar. 30, 2021

Cool Forest, Not Really a Campground

This area was filled with people and their ATVs. There is one long road that has a few pulloffs along the way until you hit the end which is the Nueces river. There are 3-4 very small camping spots next to each other, and one of them seemed to have a permanent resident with an establishment that…

VThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 23, 2021

Basic Dispersed/Free Camping in the Davy Crockett NF, Pit Toilet.

4 Stars based on Dispersed / Free Camping w/ a clean pit toilet.
Easily accessible from FSR 511, near the 4C Trail northern trailhead (although some sections are currently closed), clean pit toilets, and nice observation deck overlooking the Neches River.  Used as a hunters' camp during deer…

• Signage on FSR 511 at left turn to the Neches Bluff Overlook, FSR 511-A.
  • Signage at entrance to last camping area of the loop drive through the Neches Bluff Overlook area.
  • Pit toilet just past the overlook (clean and with a maintenance log posted on the door).
SiteArea towards the end of the "loop" drive to the right.
Month of VisitNovember
Andy K.
Reviewed Mar. 18, 2021

Tented in march.yes!

While tenting in Texas is highly variable in match, Bushmans has a unique little swatch for yents or even tents! Enjoyed Kiepersolncanned wine and best shower rooms ever’! Now if they just sponsor a bike even, I could bring friends!

Tony E.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 2, 2021

Wonderful, well-spaced campground under the East Texas tall pines

What the campsites lacks in remoteness it makes up for with everything else.

Very well-maintained National Forest site just off Texas Highway 7 in the middle of the Davey Crockett National Forest.

Highlights for the site include:

• very well-spaced apart offering more privacy than…
SiteDogwood 21
Month of VisitFebruary
Reviewed Feb. 13, 2021

Its was quite first week of February 2021

Its was nice and quiet just me and angel my faithful companion we just spent a Sunday make some lunch and try to fish a little but 👎. We walk wrong to see the little park, and meet a gentleman name Billy, very nice guy. Not much of maintenance trash and glass in some spots.

Kyah P.
Reviewed Feb. 3, 2021

Pretty, free, Easy

The only reason I gave this four stars is because my boyfriend and I stayed in some other campgrounds that were far more beautiful and secluded. Not to say this place wasn’t those things. After a 10 hour drive, this was perfect. We parked our car next to the river, pitched a tent, and packed out.…

Reviewed Jan. 20, 2021

😏

To much people on trucks and boats but it is pretty

Reviewed Jan. 20, 2021

👍

I spent one night over there we enjoy it me and my dog had some breakfast in the morning stay until about 1 PM and then we win unexplored around, and then enjoy some off roads. I be back.

Rebecca The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 6, 2021

Tiny campground in the pines

We have camped here twice, both times in winter. In 2007 and 2017. Last time was over Christmas break and our group were the only ones in the park other than a few daytime visitors. 2020 has definitely changed that! 😂 When we were there last the water heater in the bathroom wasn’t working so the…

• No quiet time when you’re the only ones there!🤪
Site13-15