Alba, TEXAS

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Alba Camping Reviews
Wonderful park. Home of the NRVTA

This park has full hookups, spacious sites, amazing staff!

Great local park!

Great local park. Small but well maintained. Owned and operated by a really great family. This is one of our “go to” parks when we stay close to home.

Great family fun!

We just completed our first visit to this park! Our daughter has a December birthday, and she decided to not have a party, but to go camping instead! We stayed busy the entire stay! So much fun and lots to do with hay rides, gem stone mining, laser tag, outdoor movies, crafts, mini golf, basketball, volleyball, a kangaroo jump bounce pillow (their favorite thing), a playground and lots of activities within a brief drive! Our kids loved the gem mining and bounce pillow, as well as the mini golf. Watching polar express under the stars was a great treat! This park has full hookups and sewer, making a comfortable stay with kids! We even had to visit the laundry facility, as we had a child get sick in the middle of the night. Super safe, gated park, and very quiet this time of year! We loved every second of our stay, right from the minute we entered! We arrived late, and were still greeted by the night groundsman, who kindly escorted us to our RV site, and made sure we had everything we needed! We will definitely be visiting again!! We can’t wait to check it out in the summer and play at the water park!

Great Site

Has a variety of unique lodging , as well as tent sites. Owners are attentive and accommodating. I recommended the teepee.

Beautiful State Park

Spent an evening here recently this fall and the park didn’t disappoint. Very nice site with grill, fire pit and table surrounded by big oak trees and right on the lake. Lots of trails and fishing.

Lots of trees

Beautiful campground.  There are a few full hookups. There is a swim area and boat dock.  Some sites have double concrete, most just single.  Many of the sites are surrounded by trees and very private.

Nice clean park not to far from Dallas..

We really enjoyed the park it is pretty wide and spread out on lake cooper. We stayed in the Brightstar area of the park and had a great time. The bathrooms were very clean and in good working order. Was a great getaway not to far outside of Dallas TX. We will come back for sure. Has a beach area for swimming in warmer weather and a dock and boat ramp if you take your boat.

Shaded lakeside camping in Deer Haven

The South Sulphur campground is about half an hour north of Interstate 30. It’s under a 2 hour drive from the DFW area so, I find it’s a nice weekend getaway. I camped here on a Sunday to Monday and it was very quiet. I was one of only 5 campers in the Deer Haven section (aside from the 3 camp hosts). I’m giving the park 5 stars but this is based on my experience of having camped here when there were few campers around. I image this place could be loud and busy on a weekend.

There are many shaded lakeside sites in the Deer Haven section. I stayed at site 68. The site was on a cul de sac so there was no campground to the one side. However, the site located on the other side was close. This would be a great spot for 2 camping families to share. The concrete pad at site 68 was level and shaded by a beautiful, mature oak tree. I could walk from the pad to the lake. It would be a great site to put out a kayak, but unfortunately the weather didn’t cooperate on my stay. So I didn’t get to kayak. I did see deer who ventured in from the wooded area next to the campsite.  Deer Haven lived up to its name!

Electric and water hookups were good as were the restroom/shower facilities, which seemed climate controlled because it felt cooler and less humid inside than outside. This usually isn’t the case in these buildings.

A big storm blew in around dinner time. The wind was fierce and blowing out of the north across the almost 20,000 acre lake! I actually called the ranger to find out if I needed to evacuate. The ranger was very responsive and reassuring. Luckily, there were no tornados warnings, so I weathered out the storm and woke to a beautiful crisp morning.

This park is huge and there is much to do. Cabins, shelters, primitive walk in sites, equine sites, a beach, several boat ramps, hiking trails, playgrounds and a fishing pier. I didn’t get to see a fraction of it, but I’ll be returning.

I stopped in the town of Sulphur Springs on my way back to DFW. The town has a nice historic town square and makes for an interesting side stop.

Kids loved this park !

The camp sites were small, with full hookup’s! We had a great time here with our family camping next to us and some friends rented a cabin, which was very nice! The kids liked the trampoline and the hay ride around the camp!

Camping with resort amenities !

Most sites are full hookup’s, level and sandy surface, shade trees. The park is great its real camping with the amenities of a resort. Pool play ground, game room and a 250 yard driving range! The place could us some TLC, but I would still recommend going there! Great place if you have a boat or kayak!