About Custer Crazy Horse Campground
Custer Crazy Horse Campground is located in South Dakota
1 Review of Custer Crazy Horse Campground
Seven days in beautiful Black Hills

Our group of four adults and two kids under the age of ten picked did some tent camping at Custer Crazy Horse. Initially we wanted to camp inside Custer State Park but our late planning led us to only a few campgrounds with availability. We chose Custer Crazy Horse because a couple people in our group really wanted the comforts of shower, electricity and wifi and this place had all three! I'm personally use to primitive camping so I was expecting some sort of KOA-like setup. I was pleasantly surprised by how rugged and hilly the area was, how clean and fresh the facilities were, and (my favorite) how kind and hospitable the owners were! Twila is such a doll and allowed our 6 person party and 12 person tent to overflow onto 3 sites! We set up right by thr rocky outcrop which the kids loved playing on and meeting other kids at. Twila has a convenience store on the property with all the things you indeed forgot to bring as well as fresh complimentary coffee and two beautiful dogs that greeted everyone. Like I said, the showers and bathrooms were so clean! And they were always fresh everyday. This campground was also so close to everything! Very close to Custer State Park, Crazy Horse memorial, Mt. Rushmore, Hill City with a bunch of breweries and wineries, an hour out from Rapid City, and about an hour and a half to thr Badlands. And Twila gave us a pass to Custer State Park for the week which was so convenient since we were out there nearly everyday hiking and admiring the wildlife (especially the bison!). I highly recommend this campground! You will not be disappointed!