Camping in Christopher Heights

Recent Cabins Reviews Near Christopher Heights, South Carolina

384 Reviews of 43 Christopher Heights, South Carolina Campgrounds

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 24, 2021

Nice campground, tight, not much to do.

The campground is very well kept and site are level enough. It is a bit far out and the sites are tight together.

Lorena
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2021

Worth the stay.

Campgrounds are close to the road, so you can hear trucks and cars passing, it’s quiet enough that’s not going to bother your sleep but it takes away from the being immersed in nature feel. They’re a little close together, and the area near the bathhouses and trash had a strong enough smell that I…

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2021

Amazing location, lots of stairs.

This is a beautiful campground with awesome trails right from the campground. Lots of stairs to the bottom of the gorge but so worth it. Beautiful views from all trails and a very cool suspension bridge.

Marci S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2021

Beautiful place!

We are enjoying our stay here on Lake Thurmond! There are spacious campgrounds with everything you need! Beautiful, quiet park!

Amy H.
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Great location for a 25 foot or smaller camper.  A bit difficult to back into.

Gorgeous view of the water.  Step incline and rocky to get into.  Perfect for relaxing and watching the boats come by.

• Site 17 from the water
  • Panoramic view from camper
S

Just OK

This is a small park off of 64. It's easy in and depending on which side of street your site is the exit it up a curved hill. We used 4 wheel drive with a 36 foot fifth wheel. It wasn't a problem. Our site was #11 on the creek. At our site the creek babbled which was great. We never saw any staff.…

Site#11
LThe Dyrt PRO User

Beautiful Get Away

My friends and I loved our stay at pioneer campground #1. It's right off of Big Cloud Creek and old Bridge ruines, providing a nice private and relaxing atmosphere that gives you a glimpse into the past. There are plenty of hiking trails nearby as well a swimming holes and the main covered bridge.…

SitePioneer Site 1
RThe Dyrt PRO User

Clean and well-kept

A little bit off the beaten path play very nice State Park with clean level sites clean bathrooms.

Katie D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 4, 2021

Best Thousand Trails park

Hands down, the best Thousand Trails campgrounds I’ve been to. I have visited several since we got the membership and I had been hugely disappointed...until now.

It has such a family feel and beautiful grounds, beautiful lake, and easy hook up camp sites. I had no trouble getting into our spot.…

Stuart K.
Reviewed Jul. 2, 2021

Lakeside Perfection

If you are looking for a near perfect lakeside camping experience in the low country here in South Carolina, than you may have just found the perfect getaway!  Tucked away from main roads and a solid 20 minute drive from the nearest traces of civilization (McCormick), than Hickory Knob State Park…

• It's a Barn.  I know that, well, because 'The Barn' is written on the side of it.  But that's about all I know.  There's nothing I found that explained why this barn greets you upon entering the park!  Looks like it could be a lot of fun though.
  • Here's one of many perfect spots at this state park - any closer and you would be swimming in the lake!
  • #8 offers another perfect bit of seclusion
Sally C.
Reviewed Jul. 1, 2021

Beautiful, But Cramped

Our lakefront site #72 was gorgeous, but a VERY tight fit for our 36' pull behind and crew cab truck. Narrow roads made navigating VERY difficult for all. Probably won't come back because of I85 and narrow roads & tight spaces within the campground. Water crystal clear and lovely.

• View from the water.
  • View from my kitchen!
Myron C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 1, 2021

This KOA is small but if Peaceful and Offers Much

This does not seem to be the typical KOA, and it is small compared to my recent visits to some other KOAs. However, it was very quiet with lots of shade, but tents are not allowed. There are cabins, and the remaining sites have RV hookups. There are several things I loved about this campground.…

• Playground
  • Patio Site
  • Basketball Court
Robert S.
Reviewed Jun. 29, 2021

Nice and Quiet

Great place. Nice quiet. Close to mountains. Highly recommend

Sitepull thru, concrete pad, full hook ups
Tommy W.
Reviewed Jun. 28, 2021

Great campground

Had a wonderful time at this campground. Easy access to the lake for using our paddle boards.

Jason S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 25, 2021

Clean and Quiet

Nice concrete pads in a former pasture. Not a lot of shade for most sites