Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 50 ft.
River Falls at the Gorge is located in Georgia
10 Reviews of River Falls at the Gorge
River RVing at its best

Lots of good RV sites right along the river. Full hook ups in A section and then plenty more around the camp ground that offer all but sewage.
1 video of the gorge which is really close by and a nice hike

Beautiful place

Love this place. Beautiful location. The sites closest to the highway are full hookup, gravel lots and there is a paved drive. Sites that are in the bend of the river are water/power only and the bath house down there is not as nice as the one up front. The only reason I don’t give them 5 stars is almost every lot is tight and they are not level.

So much fun!!

This place is pretty awesome. Its been around so long my husband came here as a child. This place has multiple types of sites, full hook up (including sewer), partial hook up, as well as cabins and permanent RVs to rent. There are multiple bathrooms, and dump sites, access to the river, and a craft cabin where they have really fun crafts such as tie dye and wreath making. In the morning, a beautiful fog sits over the trees and gives a mystic appearance. We had a lot of fun. A lot of people who go hear have kids and they run free. My son made so many friends.

One of my all time favorites

What a spot. Right on the Tallulah river. Sleep to the sound of the river even in August. The valley is cool at night. The river warmer than you'd expect. Everyday the river changes because of the dam upstream. Sometimes it's almost a trickle and you can venture out on the huge rocks and other times it's almost a whitewater adventure although still safe for tubing Sites are a little tight on the river. Probably 20' wide but still beautiful because of the footage on the river.

Great atmosphere

We camped here June 2020, Had site #12. Great waterfront site with plenty of space behind unit. Sites are a little close together but not the worst I've ever seen. Staff is very helpful and friendly. Tubing the river is great fun and easy to do without leaving the campground. Less than 1 miles to state park although it was at capacity and not allowing more visitor the first day we went due to covid-19. Got in the next day by going early.

We did not use the pool area or bath houses so no comment on those. We recommend this campground and will return. We did have FHU and 30 amp.

Hidden gem

Private park next to state park with friendly staff. Clean and well maintained. There is a river that flows through that you can tube down or just relax.

Amazing Campground

Our family has camped here 6 times and it never gets old. Located right on the River in Lakemont GA. This campground is in a perfect location next to lots of trails, waterfalls and amenities. The campground itself has an indoor and outdoor pool. A clubhouse, a basketball court and playground equipment. The river is perfect for tubing. It is just a 30 min drive to Helen Ga which is a very popular area for tourism. There is nearby Lake Rabun which also has a recreation area for swimming. Or just a few miles up the road is The Talulah Gorge. A beautiful place to hike, swim and explore. The list could go on for days. The owners of this campground are very friendly and accommodating. The bathrooms are always immaculate. We really can not say enough great things about this campground. So stop reading this review and go book a stay at the River Falls on the Gorge Campground. You won't regret it.

Love the river site

We chose site A10 right by the Tallulah River. Loved the river right behind us. Only complaint was the sewer hook up went uphill to drain. It drained still but very slowly. Luckily there was some logs by it to help elevate the hose. Bathhouse was clean and the river made it all worthwhile. Super close to the gorge to go hiking in the state park.

This is definitely a happy place

I will be the first to admit that I was apprehensive about booking. I had been scouring the internet for reviews, and this place had been recommended to me on a Facebook group. Most of the negative reviews were either old (seemingly old management) or and what seemed to be one off guests, most of whom seem to have their own individual, underlying issues. I decided as a decider, I would call in and see what kind of vibe I got. After all, I’m responsible for booking our first ever family road trip. Luckily, I called in and got Tori on the phone. She was clearly doing something else when she answered, but once she realized I was looking into visiting, she dropped everything and made me feel like I was booking a room in her house. She was interested in my family breakdown so she could help find the perfect spot… and she did a damn good job.

We were only there one night, and she put us in B14. It was right across from the camp host, so firewood was easy to come by. It was also directly across from the bathhouse. We had a 30 amp in our 30’ rental RV, but luckily we had a adapter. The place was empty as it is mid week in off season, which was perfect. While I loved the place, I’m not sure I would have the same experience over 50/75% occupancy. It was great to throw the raft in the river and let the kids enjoy themselves without worry. The river wasn’t very deep, and even provided some small rock slides. The playground was about 5 sites down and also perfect to let the kids run to.

We wish we could have stayed longer, but we will be back. If not this week, on our next trip to the mountains. The hospitality of Tori and This true hidden gem are a family memory we will have forever.

On the Tallulah River

Stayed here in March for a week. We’re back for a month. Spot B42 with full hook up. LOVE THIS PLACE. A fair amount small bass and trout are being caught.

Black Friday Gift: 6 months of FREE PRO camping features. Get Your Gift