Camping in Mississippi River Headwaters - Leech Lake

THE BEST Cabins CAMPING NEAR

Mississippi River Headwaters - Leech Lake, Pennsylvania

Recent Cabins Reviews Near Mississippi River Headwaters - Leech Lake, Pennsylvania

217 Reviews of 44 Mississippi River Headwaters - Leech Lake, Pennsylvania Campgrounds

CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2021

Great!

We really enjoyed this campground. The sites were spacious, everything was clean and well kept. The staff was SO nice! It was also a gated entrance which was nice. We will definitely return.

SiteL
Doug G.
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2021

Camping on the water

I have been going here since I was a child. Every year I took my kids here for camping and boating. Very clean facilities and friendly people. Nothing like waking up to a view on the water!

• Rothrock Marina
  • The Dam
Tucker B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2021

Cool Place for Exploring the PA Grand Canyon!

We lucked out and grabbed a spot for a night on 4th of July.

No fireworks to speak of (just a few friendly neighbors with sparklers), but it was perfect for exploring the gorge.

The hike down to the river was steep but manageable (could be trickier after a heavy rain).

Wish we would've brought…

M
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2021

Summer Weekend

Stayed for the weekend at site 25 at the lower campground. Site was next to the bathrooms but no problems noise. Nice and quiet overall. Bathrooms were very clean with nice hot water in the showers. There are pit toilets but they are well maintained and there was no smell even though it was hot…

Joann&WellsThePup I.
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2021

Quiet camping

Beautiful primitive campground (tent only). Get a site on the outside towards the water. They are spaced out and peaceful. Has restrooms (no shower), picnic table, and fire pit at each site. Short walk to creek and beautiful pond.

Sitewalk-in site
Megan B.
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Nothing to write home about

In terms of PA State Parks, this one is ok. There is a pool (with a fee) that is pretty nice. The campground is small and functional. Would stay here again but not something I would seek out.

Joann&WellsThePup I.
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Very secluded quiet spot

Nice little spot with no one around. Maybe 2-3 cars passed on the SF road each day. Primitive camping with picnic table and fire ring - that’s it. Have to carry your gear from your car a little ways. Very close to the MST. Only complaint was that there was a beautiful creek behind it with no trail.…

John K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2021

Laid back

Nice little campground. Very quiet. Sites are generously sized. Roads are paved. The lake is very small with a swimming beach area.

S
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2021

Midweek get away

My wife found his camp ground for a midweek get away. We had Site 50 with a lake view, this site was level and ease to park our Small Camper . I would highly recommend this camp ground for those with smaller RVs

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2021

Quiet, clean easy to access campground

We stopped here for one night as part of a larger trip. My daughter and son-in-law have a class C and we’re easily able to pull through a spot. The spots are close, but we were here the day after July 4th and there were many open spots. We were spaced out well. The pool and splash pad were clean…

T
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2021

It was fine.

All campers respected fellow campers. Accommodations were fine.... We're camping!

Site#40
DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2021

Close to Williamsport

This was a nice campground to stay at when in the Williamsport area. Only issue I had was the sites next to the parking lot are a little too close together and the parking lot itself gets over run by cars coming into the restaurant. Was a little difficult pulling out with the trailer to leave on a…

Amber W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2021

Family fun!

Nice clean and quiet campground. The address online took us to the ranger station. Turn left BEFORE bridge. Couldn’t see sign from the road. The section we were in was “no pets allowed”. My kids loved the beach, swimming was not deep. Beach was big with adjacent playground. Lots of pavilions all…

• beach
  • walking from campground
  • playground adjacent to beach
J
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2021

For the price you pay the sites aren’t the best

All the regular pull through sites in the old part are very tight and dusty. We had to move the fire ring so it wouldn’t be under our awning and the only place we could safely have it was with the one side of people would have to sit on the road. The spots were sooooo close together! They had a…

PThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2021

Good for overnight stay

I found the one star review to be unfair. They didn’t even stay here. We found the host personable and helpful. The park itself is OK for an overnight stay. Not much to offer longer term stays. Sites were well spaced and wooded. Full hookups. Nice play ground for kids. Bathrooms just OK.

SiteOvernight spaces no number