About Cranberry Run Campground

Cranberry Run Campground offers RV and tent camping sites in the picturesque Pocono Mountains. Located in East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, we have been a well-known local establishment since the 1970's. To this day, Cranberry Run Campground maintains that classic, old-school camping feel. We believe that too many gimmicks get in the way of an authentic camping experience. Unplug and unwind, and you'll find that the woods speak for themselves.

Our family-owned-and-operated business is backed by a friendly and attentive team. We love the simple beauty of the property and are grateful to be able to share it with you. Whether you want to reconnect with family, friends, or yourself, we're committed to providing you with a positive and memorable experience.

Season
April 15th - November 1st
Private
Hike In
No ADA Access
Cranberry Run Campground is located in Pennsylvania
3 Reviews of Cranberry Run Campground
Family approved

Going into this camping trip I had little clue what to expect. With my sister in-law leading this adventure I buckled up and made the 500+ mile drive as prepared asi thought i could be. Driving to the campground i was unsure if our camping trip was going to be in a remote area or in a subdivision. With lots of shopping, restaurants and really whatever you could ever need just 15 mins or less away I was skeptical of if I would even feel I was in the mountains. With lots of twist in the road on our way, we were getting excited. I was at peace upon our arrival as we entered the long private road entrance with the beauty of nature all around us. The owners and employees were so wonderful,helpful and relaxed, that we immediately felt at home with mother nature. We had a pretty large with grandma in tow so the staff put is near a restroom with full plumbing for convenience, greatly appreciated. We were also right at the bottom of a trail that lead straight up the mountain (Pocono) with beautiful sites and of course photo opportunities for my family and I. There's nothing like yoga on huge rocks you could fall off of to get your blood flowing and test your true abilities. The playground at the campground was small but left plenty of grassy space for our kids to play safely and for us all to yoga since our actualcamp site was basicly rock. I didn't take into account we were camping on a mountain when i packed. (TIP: I highly suggest stakes made for this type of ground. I was unprepared) The pool was decent and the restrooms and showers for the women very clean but for whatever reason for the men, well let's just say they didn't look as good as the women's. Overall our week camping here was very present and all of us from ages 18 months to 76 years old say "Cranberry Run Campground family approved!"

Family campground

Lits of space does not overbook sites. Has rustic and sites with electric. Family activities

Group Campsites!

Cranberry Run is a private campground run by a small family. The campground is in the woods and offers a variety of site sizes and options. They have tent and RV sites. some with and some without water and electric. They also had a few hike-in sites that sat on a cute pond in the front of the campground. We had a group of 10 people and they were able to put us all on the same site. looks like they have permanently merged sites 81 and 82. They also have larger group sites (up to 50 people) available but i don't think it has W/E. All the sites we saw were nice and level and all shaded. there was a bathroom (one mens stall and one womens stall) just across the road from our site and it was very clean and well kept. There may have been capacity issues if the campground was full, but it was half empty because camping season is coming to a close. It was perfect for the 3 sites that shared it while we were there. The shower house is quite a hike from the end of the grounds we stayed on, but honestly I can't comment on the quality because I didn't shower the whole weekend (NO SHAME).

PRO's: Dog Friendly (we had 2 dogs and there was no charge), firewood and ice available, small store with essentials, pay per person with no limit to # people, quiet, shaded, close to DeWG

Con's: small bathroom near our site, separate shower house (far away), no attractions on site (there was a small playground), gravel ground with all W/E sites

The Delaware Water Gap is about a 15min drive from the campground and a beautiful place to hike. We hiked the Red Dot trail on Mt. Tammany and it was breathtaking to see in the fall. Some of the larger hikes are 30min to hour drive north to the heart of the DeWG, but the red dot was plenty for us.

I absolutely LOVED having everyone on the same site instead of having the divisions that come with getting multiple sites for a group. I would highly recommend this place for groups.