The best BOAT IN camping near
Deckertown , PENNSYLVANIA

Most Recent Deckertown Camping Reviews
Chenango Valley State Park, NY

Camping at Chenango Valley State Park is always a great time. The park is very family friendly. It has numerous hiking and biking trails, two lakes (Lily and Kettle) and a 18-hole golf course for guests to enjoy. The grounds and bathrooms are very well maintained and the sites are level for those RV or tent camping. We enjoy the sites because they’re spacious and woodsy. They make you feel secluded, but are also a short drive from a brewery and the city of binghamton.

Not bad nice area

Sites are close together. There’s really no one enforcing any rules … neighboring sites can get pretty rowdy and not much you can do about it. But the area is very nice to drive around and site see and stop at local shops. No playground for kids.

Cozy Mountain Vibes!

I stayed in Hickory Run in late November, I love the sheer elements of nature found in this park. It is so calm and beautifuls with trails scattered throughout the entire park. I will definitely come here again to experience the poconos in different conditions. It was very cold when I camped here, but not miserable! There are nice bathhouses, mental hangers for trash and food, and roads are very well maintained. I love Hickory Run!

Not a great “camping” experience

Stayed in a spot without water hook up. All spigots to fill camper with water were situated just off main driving lanes resulting in a lot of congestion of cars behind us when attempting to fill tanks. Spots were very cramped and sites lack any natural character. Kind of like a parking lot or a tailgate scene. Hiking trails were nice our stay was very crowded with lots of time traffic on all trails. May have been the overall crowding that negatively impacted our experience. Overall, not what we were expecting or looking for on a weekend getaway.

Amazing

Great place To camp and hike. Camp site was in great shape people were friendly and the hike was amazing

So peaceful

The lakeside spots are gorgeous and the private dock is great when you have kids that love to fish. If you are looking for a place to disconnect for a few days this is it. (There is very very little cell reception and only wifi if you pay for it). We had to put our phones and devices down and just relax. We would totally recommend it (and have to several of our friends who camp). Get your reservations in early though weekends for lakeside sites are booked super fast!

Beautiful and serene state park

TLDR: I would go back to this park in a heartbeat!

So I just got him from Promised Land State Park and it couldn’t have been a more relaxing weekend. We stayed at Pickerel Point in one of the loops.

Pros: Beautiful scenery, nice bath houses, big sites, easy access to the lake and pickerel point beach. Small town about 5-10 mins away where you can get the very basics, and another larger town with a grocery store, liquor store, and hardware store about 20 minutes away

Cons: dump station is a little tricky to get into or out of with a longer rig, sites can be pretty far out of level so bring lots of leveling blocks. It took 30 lego levelers for us to get level.

Been camping here for 20 years

I love this park, and have seen it really evolve over the past 20 years. There is something here for everyone whether you like to hike, fish, mountain bike or go white water rafting. The newly built park office and entrance rivals some national parks. Staff is helpful and professional and the campsites are always very well maintained. Hiking trails are clear with plenty of parking at the trailheads. Many of the trails lead to beautiful waterfalls and some even hold stocked trout. The town of Jim Thorpe is near by and has businesses that cater to outdoor adventures. Outlet shopping is also a short drive away for anyone look for something more on the mild side.

The Lake, Though....

I stayed on a lakeside electric/water site for 5 nights in August 2020.  It was SO BEAUTIFUL.  We had SUPs and kayaks to take on the lake and our sites were right next to the boat launch.  Each day we would paddle over to the swimming area on the lake.  It was awesome.  The sites seemed a little narrow when we first pulled in, but it was plenty.  The kids had fun riding bikes on the road, which was off the main road.  The bugs were better than I would have anticipated next to the lake, although some days the flies were a bit annoying.  The kids caught multiple sunnies and even a small perch.  All in all, we had a great time and plan to go back next year.

Nice State park

I have camped here many times and still enjoy the area. Lots of hiking, biking and fishing. Boat and kayak rentals are available. Beautiful and challenging golf course too. Fill your fresh water tanks because there are zero sites with water hookup.

Year 2021 Flag