Camping in Big Bend

199 Reviews of 32 Big Bend, Pennsylvania Campgrounds

E
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2021

A great park

We stayed here one night in June and again in July. Both times were great. Level sites. Easy to get out for supplies. The wood for sale was not great and $$$.

Site26 and 61
Anya N.
Reviewed Jul. 28, 2021

25 by the lake

Great territory, with kayaks, hiking trails decent showers, and playgrounds and basketball hoops

LThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 27, 2021

Do not recommend

Our site was not level. Bathrooms were not lockable and therefore felt unsafe.

William D.
Reviewed Jul. 27, 2021

Basic camping, but good price

A decent state campground. Extremely nice during weekdays, but overly crowded on weekends.
Highly recommend full hookup, unless you like waiting in line for bathroom / shower.

Site100 loop
PThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2021

Great stay - small campground

If you are looking to stay at a small state park campground and bring your boat near your site or launch your canoe and paddle board look no further. We loved our stay site 208 (electric only) it was big and near the water. I’d stay here again.

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 24, 2021

Family friendly

We were contacted by campground about an alternate route. My daughter called and learned it was regarding a small bridge that would accommodate our 31’ RV, so we went that route. It was fine for us.

They have too many amenities to list. Of note, the pool water was decently warm and they had an…

• koa sticker
  • store/check in
  • exercise equipment
J
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2021

Ok- would not return

View of Lake Erie was great. Upper sites very unlevel. Zero cell service. Zero WiFi. Zero internet. Very low water pressure. Entry road was filled with LOTS of holes & ruts which were filled with mud mud & more mud.

Crystal A.
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2021

My home away from home! My true escape from reality!!

I used to visit Bayshore quite often throughout the years with an former lover of mine & their family. It was by far one of my favorite places to go or run to when I needed to get away but also to vacation or enjoy fun around Halloween with the kiddies trick or treating and enjoying their…

GThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2021

Nice little local campground

I have camped here at least once every year since I discovered Guilford Lake in 2017. The campground is clean (mostly) and quiet. It is dog friendly; all dogs must be leashed.

PROS:

Quiet. Right on the lake; super easy lake access. Boat ramp. Swimming beach.  Convenient (for me anyway).…

Dylan L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2021

Great spot!

Got a good spot down by the creek with a great view from the tent.

Christopher P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2021

Perfect little get away site.

Absolutely fell in love with this private campground. Small with dispersed sites. Well maintained with both valult toilets and a traditional bathroom. Showers are available. Wood and ice available onsite. Just minutes outside of a quaint little town. Great nearby hiking.

Cassandra C.
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2021

Hidden gem

We fell in love with this little campground. While our site wasn't lakefront, many of the sites are right on the water. We only spent one night there but we're really looking forward to returning with more time to stay so that we can take advantage of the kayak and paddle boat rentals.

KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 2, 2021

A Traditional KOA Experience

This was a Fall camping experience in a cabin as we knew it would be cold in the evenings.  We also had a non-camper with us so this was a nice compromise.  We had a cozy cabin with 2 bathrooms.  We also had a small kitchen where we could cook when we didn't want to cook over the fire.  This was…

• Deluxe Cabin (More than two Bathrooms), Patio
  • Lake view at the KOA campground. They still had a band performing in the tent prior to social distancing rules relaxing.
  • Unisex bathroom - This is nice as you don't have to be stuck waiting for a bathroom/shower to open up on the lady side of the bathroom.
SiteKL09
Month of VisitNovember
Natalie P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 29, 2021

Great camping experience

My husband and I camped here on a whim, after our original location got rained out. We picked a nice big lot by the dirt road. Though we had neighbors next to us, you could hardly tell they were there. Most people were incredibly respectful of noise levels, which added to the enjoyment of the…

C
Reviewed Jun. 28, 2021

Another trip to Jamestown Campground

My family has visited Pymatuning park many times now and try have used a variety of spots at Jamestown campground. It is large, offering multiple options for campsite types. It’s a standard PA state park campground offering bathrooms (bathrooms are older, but are being renovated July-August 2021)…

SiteJ-112