Yurts
Private
Hike In
Breakneck Campground is located in Pennsylvania
2 Reviews of Breakneck Campground
Loud, party-like atmosphere; rules not enforced

My boyfriend and I camped here last weekend; unfortunately it did not go well. While I very much enjoyed the facilities, we had an awful experience. Friday night was peaceful, although we had trouble locating the owners and figured we'd find them and pay up the next day. When we got back from a full day of climbing Saturday, a group of at least a dozen had set up camp across the road from us. They were drinking heavily all night (I understand that drinking IS allowed here being a private campground) however posted quiet hours begin at 10 pm. I got about 2 hours of sleep Saturday night total, and the last time I was woken up my watch said 3:48 am. Clearly there is absolutely no enforcement of the quiet hours whatsoever. In addition, the group had lights on all night as well, shining directly over into our campsite and tent. Sunday morning, we still had no luck locating the owners. We ended up putting our cash in an envelop in the mailbox. I emailed them letting them know we had put the money in the mailbox, and also asked about the quiet hour enforcement. I requested a response and heard nothing. I'm disappointed, and as a manager myself would want to know if a customer had a bad experience. I would have to recommend that if you are looking for a peaceful, quiet place to camp and sleep under the stars that you look elsewhere. I'm sad to say this, because I had greatly looked forward to staying here after hearing my boyfriend describe his previous experience and reading other reviews. There is a sign posted when entering "drive like your kids live here" but the campground I experienced was not family-friendly at all.

next to McConnells mills state park, quiet, clean and relaxed. local Fav

Just pull in and grab some firewood 7.00 a 5gal bucket full and pick your site. there are 10 walk-in sites with 2 beauties down by the creek, 7 or so observation platforms you can camp on and to many to count car camping sites.

The owners are awesome and come around to collect fees in the evening with kids and dogs in tow. McConnlls mills park is 100 yards away and has approx, 30 miles of trails and part of the north country trail. there is rock climbing , rappelling, white water kayaking and fishing.

Moraine state park is 3 minutes away with lake Aurther for sailing ,canoeing, power boating, bike trails, frisbee golf coarse and swimming.