The best TENT SITES camping near

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Beaver Brook Camping Reviews
Get back to Nature

I love this place! Plenty to do, plenty to see and plenty of privacy if that’s what you want. Our campsite was lovely and the people who own this place are so down to earth and friendly. They over extended what it means to be a host in my mind. They were knowledgeable about the surrounding towns, their campground, and basically everything nature related. This was our very first night camping in an RV (we were renters at the time). They helped us with leveling and allowed us to use their phone when we had issues with ours. They removed all garbage at a decent time and the garbage cans were located near the campsites so we didn’t have to walk far at all. The campground is beautiful with a lake, playground, miniature golf course and access to a ton of hiking. The wolf preserve, which is next to the campground, is in walking distance though I believe they will drive you if needed. We didn’t do a tour, will save that for next time. We stayed on a partial site with water and electric. The dump station was easy to access on your way out of the campgrounds. Trees were trimmed and our campsite was mostly flat and easy enough to maneuver (as first timers we did it without much of an issue but we needed some 4x4s and the owner delivered them to our site). Great place to stay with or without children. Other campers were all respectful. We stayed during Covid and everyone was following social distancing guidelines. One downside for some may be the WiFi access. Very poor signal however, we didn’t mind, it actually helped us to let loose and not be so attached to all things digital. I will 100% be returning and likely it will be a yearly go-to for us.

Right on the trail system

Amazing place, can ride so you're toys straight into thousands of acres of family fun, we try to get down here twice a year. Sites are spacious and most are shady. Just be aware it's a newer place so they are constantly improving it. Love Trailhead and AOAA

Beauty in the woods

Excellent campground, roomy, shady sites, pool was nice and clean, nice little camp store with very nice and helpful employees. Plus the sounding area is full of amazing roads that are perfect for momma and I to carve up on our scooters

Small place

Very small campground. Can be tight getting around with a bigger camper if not experienced. 2 different playgrounds and a pool that could use some updating. Staff was very helpful and accommodating. Purple was a big help. Not much to do in that area or on the campground with kids. Bathrooms were just OK.

Not bad nice area

Sites are close together. There’s really no one enforcing any rules … neighboring sites can get pretty rowdy and not much you can do about it. But the area is very nice to drive around and site see and stop at local shops. No playground for kids.

Good

Great place. No water hook up. No sewer hook up. Just electric at certain sites. Convenient paved walking path all around the lake, swimming lake with beach, nice playground for kids. Lake is Good for fishing and canoe/kayak rides. Bathrooms are absolutely horrendous - Really terrible.

Nice quiet place

This is a great little campground. Nice pool decent playground for kids. Definitely recommend creek side site if you can. Bathrooms a little dated but we’re very clean. Staff was friendly, helpful and accommodating. A lot of paperwork to fill out and go over though. It’s just a short drive away from Jim Thorpe which is great. Would recommend!

Cozy Mountain Vibes!

I stayed in Hickory Run in late November, I love the sheer elements of nature found in this park. It is so calm and beautifuls with trails scattered throughout the entire park. I will definitely come here again to experience the poconos in different conditions. It was very cold when I camped here, but not miserable! There are nice bathhouses, mental hangers for trash and food, and roads are very well maintained. I love Hickory Run!

Always A Good Time

Another great family style campground. Looks of things to do and staff is always there to help.

Great location to everything in the poconos. Mostly long term residents. Sites are dirt/grass and are not level, but they are long which makes up for the front to back level issue. Lots of weekenders and vacationers.