Arlington, OREGON

Most Recent Arlington Camping Reviews
Great location and great amenities

Great RV park on the heart of wine country

Nice

Nice campground close to the surrounding wineries.

Lockit Campsite Lower Deschutes

If you’re rafting in— When you enter the Lockit area look for a composting toilet on your left. There’s one official site directly below the composting toilet. We stayed in the big open field next to it.

I don’t think this is technically an “official” campsite but it has a lovely composting toilet that smells like fresh cedar. Had been rafting all day and decided to make this spot work b/c other official sites were full. Turned out to be a great decision. It’s a bit rough lugging all of your stuff up. Flat spots for tents are up by the train tracks.

This spot turned out to be one of my favorites. The most beautiful scenery. Night sky was unreal. Feels like no one is around for miles. Can’t say enough.

Beware of the train that rolls in every 4hrs or so.

No drinking water or hookups of any kind. No fires. Must bring everything.

Beavertail Campsite Lower Deschutes

Stayed here for one night during a 3-day rafting trip. It’s worth the drive down the never ending gravel road. A quiet little oasis on the lower Deschutes surrounded by beautiful rock. 15 or so campsites and was surprised by how big the sites were. Large picnic tables, clean bathrooms and water pump.

Quick access to the river. We easily parked two rafts, a kayak and a cataraft here overnight, so if you’re rafting, etc. no worries.

We went in August and fires were prohibited.

Will stay again next year! Highly recommend. Bring cash for payment.

Junktown and Methville

Only a couple of spots available to back in to and the others are taken up by the less than desirable full time occupants, the owners or slumlords who own the motel across the street from the park have purchased older RVs and rent them on a monthly basis, it will do in a pinch but do yourself a favor and go to the RV park 5 miles out of town by the reservoir.

Great little gem

Came through CC by chance. Intended on staying at DeSchutes River but they were full. Paid 10 bucks for a night. Several pit toilets throughout the area. Sites were adequate with privacy barriers for those close to each other. Appeared to be a swimming area on the river close up the camp (didn’t check it out).

Be prepared for some wind due to topography.

Clean, beautiful, quiet, relaxing, family friendly

First come first serve sites with fire rings. There is overflow camping in the lawn without a fire ring but with a picnic table. Restrooms are very clean and campground is well maintained. Winds can pick up in the canyon so be sure to have strong tent stakes. Right next to the John Day River great walking path along the River. Fenced dog park for your pet and free bicycles for use.

Small, windy, public

This campground was small but well kept. There is not a lot of privacy and the campsites are really close together. Our site and the one next to it were basically in the parking lot.

It was well kept and overlooking a beautiful field and hills. The unrelenting Gorge wind is something to be prepared for! The lake was closed due to an algae bloom so we weren't able to swim or kayak. I knew what were getting into when we booked the campsite so I was happy with staying there.

A little off main path close to Ranier

With Summit Creek closed now, I'm sure this place is going to be a lot more crowded in peak seasons. We made it here in May 2018, and it wasn't crowded at all. There was still a little snow around. The campground is basic with around 10 spots. Each is a little spot with a picnic table and little fire ring. There's no running water, but there is a little vault toilet.

Nice, clean and great location

Had a great time here. Kind hosts, lots of amenities and close to lists of activities. Just a hope to wineries, Stonehenge and hikes. Right on the river. Really enjoyed this campsite and would definitely stay again.

The Cilffs park.

Great place if you don’t mind “Boondocking”right along the banks of the Columbia River. The view of Mt Hood is spectacular! Do a little fishing while watching the tugs/boats go thru the locks at John Day Dam and bird watching. The white pelicans are our favorite!! We stayed here in our 38ft fithwheel several times.

Great but beware of Goatheads

Ranger Review: Stream2Sea Sunscreen Products at LePage Park

Campground Review:

Gorgeous but beware of goat-heads!!

This is a gorgeous camping spot along the confluence of the Columbia River and the John Day River. It is perfect for fishing, boating, and general family fun. The winds can be high (22MPR during our stay) but still a family favorite! There are 22 sites with electrical hookups(on the pavement without shade) and a couple of dozen grass tent sites. The restrooms are okay and there are showers and a dump station. The edge of the pull-through RV spots follows the river and most spots have easy access to the 10-foot rock access to the water. We visited during the last weekend of July and it was HOT! It was great to be able to jump in the river to cool down but make sure to bring thick water shoes as the goat-heads have taken over!!!

Top reasons I love this campground:

• Right on the John Day River
  • High desert beauty
  • Sun and water

Product Review: As a Ranger for The Dyrt, occasionally I get to test products. At this campground, I tested Stream2Sea sunscreen products. This is a new family favorite product!! As an avid camper, swimmer, fisher, and scuba diver, we are thrilled to use ocean and coral reef safe products that are eco-conscious! Their products are packaged in mini

Pros:

• Eco-conscious!!
  • High-performance products Water-resistant for 80 minutes
  • Biodegradable
  • No toxins Eco-friendly packaging(sugar cane resin tubes)

Cons:

• Not cheap - but well worth it!

Overall, I give the product five stars

Oregon Trail Outdoor Education Classroom

We've stayed at the Deschutes River State Recreation Area twice now. It's the perfect spot if you are traveling across Oregon and need a nice place to stop before continuing to another state, or eastern Oregon.

The campground is relatively small. The bathrooms and showers are clean and the spots are flat. It has an accessible path along the river and is great for family fishing.

Due to it's proximity to the gorge, it can be very windy but, it is quaint and the sunsets are amazing.

The best part of this spot is the incredible outdoor Oregon Trail Interpretive display! I highly recommend this park for families with small children.

Eh

For a large busy park it has everything you need: showers, garbage, water, electricity…however, this geared more towards travelers with RVs and travel trailers that are passing through the area. It is quite noisy (interstate meets highway meets railroad at Biggs Junction). Not somewhere I’d recommend for extended stay unless you enjoy hanging out at camp or like wine (Maryhill and Waving Tree are a stones throw away). The river access is a bit awkward as you had to basically walk through other camper’s campsites to access the beach. The swim beach was very small with shallow pools of seaweed/algae. The campsites were decently sized though giving enough room to be somewhat private from your neighbors even though everyone can see each other clearly. There were lots of dumpsters available and bathrooms are conveniently located in the center of the camping loops so walking from all camp sites are about the same distance to the restrooms.

Lovely

I personally really enjoyed this campground. Still thinking about the natural beauty and quiet/peacefulness. Loved that it is within striking distance of Portland. Spots are a great size, plenty of distance between your neighbors and yourself. My only complaint is that it would have been nice to have shade structures at EVERY site, not just most of them. No worries, I’ll bring my pop up next time. I will be back.

Beautiful car camping spot

Wonderful spot for car or RV camping, feels safe and it has clean toilets. No water though so make sure you have your own.

Peaceful

I spent a beautiful lazy weekend there with my bf and dogs 🐶.

Camping ⛺️ around the country 🇺🇸

I found this camp to be very peaceful. The site is small and clean. We stayed an extra night 👍

Enjoyed Our Stay

Date Stayed: July 11th 2019 Campsite:#18 needed 1 inch lift to level left side. Price:$10 no electricity Dump Station: No Altitude: 577 ft Camp Host: Didn't meet Ease of Access: Right off hwy 206, our 28 ft travel trailer easily fit with room to spare. Entry to park is level and paved. Once entering campsite area pavement turns to gravel. Weather: Days sunny upper 80's nights low 60's. Very breezy during the day, once the sun went down, the breeze stopped. Noise: None, far enough from hwy, no noise, a very quiet park. Activities: Geocaching cache five within a couple of miles. Park provided free single gear mountain bikes to use, wife and I went for an evening bike ride. Many trails to walk around the park and along the John Day river. Free showers too, good hot water, showers are a 5 minute walk from the campground. Wife and I enjoyed the campground, we stayed one night as we traveled home from John Day Fossil Beds.

Surprised me!

It was a last ditch chance and it is a wonderful place. Lots of green grass, laundry, clean bathrooms, pleasant people and a river to walk along. There is a train across the river but it never offended me noise wise. Now this is an intended stop every time I pass this way.

Highway noise but a good overnighter

Stayed here a couple of nights. Our site was a tenting site, but we were in our mini Meerkat camper and we fit (our choice). Almost abandoned, probably because of huge hail storm. Friendly host “Dutch” and a few walk about simple hiking paths. Bathrooms and showers very nice (coin op on the showers). Road noise was pretty loud, especially for the campsites further into the campground. But, tall pines all around us, and very uncrowded. Wouldn’t want to come here if it were full, the sites are very close together. We were at the end of a very long trip, and we were happy to find any easy place to stay just inside WA. There are no stores nearby, so get your groceries in Goldendale!

Right along river

Lovely secluded area. Vault toilets a bit meh (off season, not sure about now). Right along the river. Take a hike up above the river as well, not just along it!

Rufus Landing great place

This place is great if you are traveling or just want to spend time on the river good bird watching area as well.

Super Chill Camping

I really enjoyed our stay. We loved being so close to Marysville Stonehenge! It’s a beautiful site and was quiet when I stayed. Clean bathrooms and great hosts and had fun by the windy Columbia River.

Clean

Nice if people abide by the rules, had a run in with a outside speaker playing grump, and at 40 a night would expect a little respect. It's clean there is the traffic from the Road, truck exhaust brakes and about 4 to 5 trains a night.

Good for quick stop

Places a good one 4 quick access to the freeway to continue a road trip. Packtite not much room for kids to run and play

Open Lot by the River

Open lot that backs up right to the river. There are no "spots" or amenities. There is a bathroom facility though. No tree cover and it's right next to a popular wind surf area so it's often quite windy. There are also a lot of fishing right off the bank. Good spot to just pull off and stay for a night. Not close to much else.

Not a structured site anymore

Rock Creek Park - Columbia River Gorge is a campground located near the city of Lyle. The campground was maintained by US Corps of Engineers.

As of now the campground is abandoned but there are still spaces available. From this area you will get the best views of both the back country and the gorge.

Better sites elsewhere

In the lovely Maryhill valley is the Peach Beach RV park. I am not one usually for RV parks but this on was ok. It was well maintained and clean. The spots were very close together and little privacy was had. They claim to have a private beach but it seemed like a muddy inlet overflowing with mosquitoes.on the plus side it is right next to a wine tasting shop.

There are many great places along this stretch of highway. This might be one to pass up.

Petroglyphs Galore!!!

When we are in the area we normally stay near Maryhill State Park. This campground was a delightful change to our routine. The site is small but it offers quite a few different ways to camp: tents, RV, cabins even a teepee!! This site is on Horsethief Lake and offers some great summer fun.

One of the best aspects was the petroglyphs that were along trails near the campground. This was a great spot and I highly recommend it!