Casar , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Casar Camping Reviews
Very nice, secluded area.

Our first camping, and in December, no less. Few campers, but spacious sites. I collect local fallen tree limbs to burn. Lots of them around! Great hiking trails, but most bike trails closed because of a bridge failure. I would return in an instant.

Nice spot off a dirt road

Lots of pull offs off a dirt road. Beware if you’re coming from the south google tries to take you through private property. Take 221 to linville falls, right on 183, and right onto kistler memorial highway. It’s a dirt road but no issues with my Subaru Forester. I camped here in December 2020 and didn’t see anyone else. Plenty of wood, but not much of a view from my camp anyway. Lots of camps.

Curtis Creek

We went to the non-reservable spots and we loved it. 4 is probably the only one you can car camp at. The other sites are small walk-in. I mainly wanted to write a review because the campground host was so nice to us. He helped drive us up the hill and even brought us a map of the hiking near by. You will not regret a weekend trip to this spot.

Small and quiet

Family Campground

One nice thing is the size and separation of the sites. One bad thing is the road is busy.

This campground is one way and exits into a trailhead parking area. There was one site that was in the parking area, would not be my first choice. Shaded sites with picnic tables and fire rings. Nice shower house , well maintained.

Easy access to several trails and not far from the falls. The river runs the back of the campground.

Loud drunk neighbors!

If you happen to have loud drunk neighbors, who party until 3:30 am, the hosts will not tell them to be quiet. Someone did call the sheriff, but no one came until 10 am the next morning. They woke the drunks up to tell them to be quiet, but they were allowed to stay in the park. I give it 2 stars because this is a beautiful park.

Great Spot, Close to Asheville

We have been trying to find campgrounds close to home to make a quick weekend and Curtis Creek didn’t disappoint! Fairly quick drive, groceries in Old Fort, gravel road and you are there. Not very big but that was great for us. Several hikes right from the campground. We stayed near the road which was fine at night but was really busy during the day with hunters so that was kind of a bummer and probably the only reason I knocked it a star. Kids loved playing at the creek and will try to get a site on that side next time!

A back door to the Blue Ridge

Super clean grounds at the south edge of the Pisgah. Friendly hosts, and great hiking all around.

If you are feeling adventurous and don’t mind a dirt road, leave the campground and go north, up the hill. Five miles of gorgeous mountain switchbacks along the creek. And just when you think the road doesn’t go anywhere, you turn onto the Blue Ridge Parkway.

The sites are very clean, but the standard and RV sites are not private. If you want some privacy right on the creek bank, get Primitive site 1.

Looking for some elevation?

This is the highest elevation east of the Mississippi. Very great views with lots to do. Hiking, camping and more. Great place to watch the sunset and sunrise.

Fabulous

This amazing campsite it at the base of Big Tom. It’s a moderate hike to and from the campsite with great views. There’s fire rings and lots of sites to choose from. I recommend packing in enough water for your stay because there is not a water source at the site. Also no cell service.

Nice Big Site

Weather was far from good so I quickly decided this site would work. It was pretty level, had a nice fire pit. It was very foggy all day with off and on rain. My mistake was not paying attention to where the runoff was. This morning I had a small stream running through my camp. This site had plenty of room however.