The best WALK IN camping near

LIMITED TIME OFFER Try Pro Free for 3 Months

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Deer Run Camping Reviews
secluded spot on a great little pond

I have yet to stay here, but I have explored and walked the camp and ate lunch at the beach.

What I saw was nice, it is a rustic campground with NFS rangers checking in once in a while.  The sites are well dispersed and private.

I'm excited to camp here next season.

Nice Primitive spot in the Green Mountains

One of many locations along Forest rd 71, this spot was a good place to pitch a tent for the night while exploring the area even in the rain.

Best kept secret. Tucked away

Awesome camping resort. Seasonal rates are excellent. We stayed from April until October then decided to stay over winter. They have a small winter section. You'll have the entire mountain side all to yourself! Snowshoe, cross country ski. Winter campfires. Owners Mike and Sherri are great. Dumpsters, laundry with coin machine. Very remote. Windy as all get out. Elevation about 1409 feet. View of the sunrise over the entire valley are awesome. Very very cool place. Some summer residents are a bit into their music, mostly on weekends. Bring your golf cart and beer cooler 🙄. Cov… I'm not saying that word, reduced activities here but it was still awesome. Two ponds to fish in, one you can swim in, kid friendly small pool, horseshoes and huge field to hit golf balls in with 3 holes. Pet friendly. Kid friendly. Huge club house and store that was closed for the big. Arcade, grill, pool table and small store. Lp gas. Wifi is so so. Backed up to state forest land. Enjoy!!!

Not the best facilities but the location is great

I am torn about this campground. I love the location. Well that is about the only positive. That is why I give it 3 stars. It actually would be less stars if not for thd location. The campground is located on the lake in the village of Lake George. It is nice that it is not directly in the center of the town but still within the village. It's really the only reason we stay here.

I have noticed over the years the increase of security. It seems out of necessity not as a precaution. I stayed summer of 2019 and it was the worst of my stays yet. The bathroom constantly flooded from broken toilets. Bathrooms stunk of weed all weekend. If that wasn't bad enough, a toliet seat ripped off the toilet and thrown in the middle of the bathroom. People are disgusting idiots. We are a group of families who stay every year. It was about 10:30 at night and I got yelled at for talking by an over zealous park ranger. Of course I treated her with respect and did what I was told. We quieted down but the pot smoke in the bathroom continued all weekend. Not sure why they went indoors to smoke. Feel free to smoke outdoor on your site. I wouldn't care but inside the bathrooms where children use is just out of line. I did complain at the gate but nothing was done.

In closing if you don't mind not being in the village of Lake George, check out Rogers Rock further north on Lake Shore drive in Huage NY. Much nicer in many ways and is on the Lake as well.

Family-friendly

There are a lot of amenities that come with staying here. There is a fire pits at every campsite along with a large community fire pit to socialize with and meet other campers. Its a great way to let the kids find someone to play with while being supervised. You can leave your car/RV at your site and take the trolley into town/to the lake to avoid parking in town. There is also a bike path you can take to town. The pool is heated by solar panels so it is refreshing without being cold. It is safe to let kids ride their bikes around the campground, go to the arcade, pool, or playground because nothing is too far away. It is a cozy campground.

Decent camping!

Pretty standard Adirondack camping. Didn’t get to camp at the actual sites themselves because it was a bit late in the season but I found a pull off on the same road and was able to have a little fire on the beach and crash in the van just fine. Pretty close to a road but not a busy one at all.

quaint but muddy

The park is a quaint little place that reminds me of an older state park. No full hookups, sites are decently sized for the most part. The roads within the park are very narrow and washed out in places. The 30 amp electric had high voltage and my surge protector wouldn't let it through, I used the 50 amp instead and it was fine. The sites are all dirt and it rained all day and it turned to all mud. Some sites were underwater. The staff was extremely friendly and check-in was quick and easy(lucky, since it was pouring rain). It was very quiet but it was off-season and during the week. My Garmin put me about 1/2 mile away from the entrance. Look for the little blue"Mt. Greylock" signs to guide you down the dirt road to the camp entrance.

Perfection.

I wish I could pick up this campground and take it with us. We had Site 01, a very spacious riverside site with water and electric. There were sites in either side of us, but far enough away to feel private. Across from our site is a large open field with a volleyball net and playground. They even have a fenced in dog area where dogs can go off leash. The owners were extremely helpful and wonderful people. Will definitely be back!

Peaceful and Serene

My family has came up every summer for as long as I can remember. I now take my children and will start taking the grandkids this coming 2021 Summer. The staff and Ranger John are wonderful. I love the area and hiking as well as the beach. Its always peaceful and well kept. I never had a bad experience!!

Easy tent camping

Stayed here for a night with a group of friends prior to heading up to the AT. It was late fall, so things were quiet and we weren't using all the amenities. But it was exactly what we were looking for. Easy to park and setup the tents, we had an RV spot so there was power, and a nice little fire pit. Bath house was a short walk and had no problems.