About Moffitt Beach Campground
Moffitt Beach Campground is located in New York
6 Reviews of Moffitt Beach Campground
Beautiful campgrounds

Beautiful and clean.

Amazing new showers with individual rooms that lock for privacy.

kayaking is great on the lake.

worst part of campgrounds is the roads to get to sites, desperate need of repair.. campers bottom out on some of bumps in road. Love camping here with our kids.

love

A gem in the Adk Mtns

Camped here for years since I was a kid. It’s a beautiful area just down the road from a gorgeous mountain town. There tend to be a lot of bear sightings, so they make you keep your coolers and food inside your car/camper etc. just to be safe, but it’s also a solid party campground if your group likes to stay up a little later.

Beautiful ADKs

These sites fill quickly and are often no vacancy so be sure to reserve ahead. Gorgeous sand beach, fishing, kayaking and everything you could need at the little store. Also a great place to use as a base camp for many of the Adirondack day hikes.

Amazing Campground

Lake Pleasant,NY is beautiful! There are several sites right on the lake and plenty of bathroom/showering cabins. Most sites are a decent size and there are a couple of sites that are more secluded than others! Dog friendly with a small beach front just for dogs!

My favorite area in the ADK

I love Hamilton County. The sunsets over lake Sacandaga are always different, and always beautiful! You can spy the firetower on Pillsbury Mountain from the shores, and while the lake can be a bit windy, it is lovely for a paddle! Nice facilities, awesome private beach, and a nice picnic area on the shore!

Love the beach!!

My favorite part about Moffitt Beach Campground is the lake/beach that is nearby! Going to college in NY definitely has its perks because there truly are some really awesome camping spots-weird I know, but it is true! My girlfriends and I wanted to get away for the weekend (from studying and the busy city) so we decided to stay a few nights here. We really were looking for a place that was close to the water to we could kayak in the mornings and evenings. We research Moffitt Beach Campground and saw some pretty great reviews, so this was the choice we made. The lake that is nearby is beautiful and it is called Sacandage Lake. The campground is actually located within the Adirondack Park- there really are a lot of campgrounds/sites within this park because it is so large. Moffitt Beach is located on the central end of the Adirondack Park. My friends and I did a lot of water activities, mainly kayaking, but you can also go swimming, fishing, hiking, or have a BBQ/picnic at your campsite. Since we didn't stay here long, we didn't explore other activities-but we do plan on coming back to do some hiking. The campground itself is very clean and offers some pretty great amenities. They do have restrooms on site as well as showers-if you decide to stay more then just a night. They also have picnic tables and fire pits to cook on, and of course make smores. I did see that they had a boat launch, which is nice for getting your boat into the water easily. We really enjoyed our stay, although it was a pretty quick stay. Definitely bring your swimsuit, water activity supplies, stuff to make smores, and BUG SPRAY- there were a lot of mosquitos around our campfire at night, and there were also a lot of mosquitos near the water. Bug spray is definitely a must bring item!!! We also were told that some of the hikes in the area are beautiful, so that should be on your to-do list if you go-it is definitely on mine the next time I go!!!