Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 35 ft.
Woodford is located in Vermont
14 Reviews of Woodford
Not My Favorite

We stayed on T67 over Labor Day weekend. This was listed as a prime waterfront site, which is what we look for so that we can launch our kayaks from our site. The map showed a short trail to the water, but it was a 40 foot drop in elevation. We still managed to get our boats down there and lock them up at night near the water. Our site was a tight squeeze for our 8 man tent, 4 man tent and an EX Up over the picnic table.  The campground is in good shape. Clean bathrooms, well maintained roads. Firewood is $6 a bundle and almost all pine. We were at the furthest point away from Rte 9 but we could still hear trucks occasionally. The sounds from within the campground were very loud by virtue of the campground topography. We could hear every shrieking kid and barking dog. But the hiking trails were really cool. I'd go back here, but it wouldn't be my top choice.

Nice, quiet, rustic

Basic camping in a quiet, older campground. Very pretty beach area at the reservoir where you can paddle and swim. No hook ups available but only $20 per night for a site that was plenty big enough for a small motor home. Mostly tent campers though and spots would be tough for anything much bigger. Bathhouse was clean and had a pay shower.

Nice find...

I was headed from NY to ME and decided to make it a two day trip. VT State Parks have a two night minimum but as this was a Thursday I decided to take a shot. Got there in the late afternoon and a couple sites were open so it all worked out.

This was just an overnight stop so I didn't explore much but it is definitely on the list should I get back up that way again.

Site was shaded and private. The bath house was nice. The coin operated shower was a surprise but I had enough quarters for 10 minutes :)

Great VT state park

Very clean, quiet and well-managed state park. Exactly what I’ve come to expect from the VT State Park campgrounds. The prime tent locations book quickly but those are definitely the ones to go for, as they have private access to the water. Otherwise you have to go around the lake/reservoir to swim. Firewood is very good; $6/bundle and ice for $2/bag. Helpful staff.

Great small boating area!

Clean open and level camping areas. Prime areas are near the water some what elevated but you are able to drag your boat through on paths. Ice and firewood sold at $6.00 a bundle and it is Kiln dried so it burns fast. If it is windy I would move away from the water. Staff was young but were pleasant and accommodating and will deliver wood and ice. Great biking on paved areas.

Really fun place to stay

Great for families and a lot of hiking and great places to see. Well worth the trip there!

Clean, Quiet, relaxing great water views

I have stayed here a couple times and loved it. they sites are nice and private. The views on some of the sites to the lake are beautiful. the grounds and facilities are well kept. and you are close to both Bennington and Wilmington. a great spot to camp at in Southern Vermont!

great state park

the staff was pleasant, camp sites were clean and accommodating.

Semi Private Woodsy Family

perfect for families! there are tons of different types of campsites with either tent spots, lean tus, and a few (hard to get) cabins. bathrooms are plentiful and clean, hot showers for a small price. beautiful clean swimmable lake with a walking trail around it.

This campground offers great hiking and a casual feel to it. Good for passer byes or staying the weekend to go fishing. Again on Route 9 so not the quietest campground, but there are back sites that offer some more privacy if wanted. Lean-tos are the best part! Keeping it simple. And the workers are always very friendly. Affordable as well.

Year 2021 Flag