Camping in Bates

237 Reviews of 81 Bates, New York Campgrounds

E
Reviewed Jun. 20, 2021

Quiet and charming

What a great quiet location to visit.  The staff is great and friendly.  A little off the beaten path but I think this is what makes this place perfect.

Carolyn W.
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2021

Weekend getaway

I was a bit worried about how the rangers....some reviews were negative mainly due to the rangers. But we had a great time and rangers/ campers were nice and respectful. Wish we could have more tents/car on site.

g
Reviewed Jun. 10, 2021

Very nice lake with dispersed sites

Was able to tent fairly close to the lot. No cell service. If you bring a handsaw youll be good for firewood. Bugs were pretty bad. Awesome sunrise.

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Clean and scenic

Went there this weekend. The site was clean and the pond area was very scenic. Not too rowdy neighbors which was a plus for us

SiteG158
Guy M.
Reviewed Jun. 2, 2021

PeekaMoose should be renamed Tic-a-Moose

Peekamoose is a very nice place if you’re into the primitive thing. I suppose it’s my fault for not doing my due diligence. I was in the lower area and had to walk pretty far with everything and make at least 6-8 trips for each load-in and out. I went and bought a wagon after the first day to carry…

• path through our site 2
  • very rough terrain for the wagon
Raj T.
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Giant Ledge Camp Site

Best site in Catskills, sunrise and sunset

KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 27, 2021

Awesome location!

Shawangunk was SUCH a nice place to stay. So many good things - though a few things to keep in mind when you're booking, too.

I definitely recommend trying to get the walk-in (meaning you can't drive to them) sites (8-15) because they're just a little bit more set back and kind of wonderfully…

Perrin M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 24, 2021

Superb

Quiet, clean enough and well worth the price. Showers are hot and there’s great water pressure. The cleanliness of the bathrooms depends on how busy the campground is.

SiteP31
Perrin M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 17, 2021

Wonderful staff

Wonderfully kind staff, peaceful campsites and great hiking. Don’t expect much from the bathroom and shower situation.

Caleb J.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 1, 2021

I didn't know what to expect.

I love hiking and camping. However the descriptions of this place in reviews here and elsewhere provided very little info and once I got out to the trail realized how different it was to what I expected. It is a near vertical hike the first mile with 90% or more being over rock gardens. Not some…

NThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 29, 2021

A peaceful weekend

We had a wonderful weekend of peace and quiet. Definitely returning!

J   G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2021

Woodland Valley = hiking <3

Make sure you consult your maps when hiking in this area. We mistakenly took the long loop. Enjoyed this area. Nice mountain rage with the sound of water in the background.

• Sound of the creek at night
NThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 24, 2021

One of our favorites!!

We arrived here early afternoon, which ended up being perfect timing as we could set up everything and catch sunset by the fire. The place is pretty easy to access with paved road the whole way there except for the last 1/2 mile where it is very bumpy. Some might say 4*4 but we made it just fine in…

G
Reviewed Apr. 18, 2021

Great Campground

Found this campground solely on Internet. Pleasantly surprised that it was more than expected when I arrived. Full facilities and nice fishing pond. Staff was great. Extra bonus for me was a spectacular golf course (Blackhead Mt Resort) only a 5 minute drive away. A real hidden gem. Can't wait to…

SiteA