The best TENT SITES camping near
Cedar Run , NEW JERSEY

Most Recent Cedar Run Camping Reviews
Well kept, spacious, good facilities

Very nice campground-- good sized sites, well maintained hookups, clean grounds, friendly staff, well-stocked campstore. The only drawback was my site was not very level and took a few tries to get levelled, but everything else made up for it. Sites are packed sand so be prepared with a good broom because it tracks everywhere. We had a great time and will definitely return.

Great location, fun times!

We LOVE camping here in the fall!! They do their own haunted walk through that is just awesome! Everyone decorates. They have a dj every Saturday! Plenty of activities for the kids. They have cool raffles! Very close to Six Flags Great adventure. You can hear the lions in the morning. There is a road that goes between the campground and the Safari you can drive, walk, or bicycle down and see the animals! This campground has a pretty lake, a bridge and is very woodsy, not just a camper parking lot like some other campgrounds! The staff and seasonals friendly! The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is because the bathrooms need a deep cleaning.

ok rv campground

It's an ok campground, nothing really special. It does have a nice playground for the little kids. The spots were tight and when our neighbor parked his truck in his spot, my chair could almost touch it. We came for opening season and the staff didn't seem too happy to be there. It's more of a closed net group of people as we rarely had anyone wave to us. It just wasn't as friendly as so many other sites. Almost no one wore masks around so that made me think they must know each other. There are a bunch of walking paths that lead from the camp so you have ample places to walk. The bathroom was clean but needs to be updated a bit. My husband and son kept saying they didn't have soap in their public bathroom but I had no problems in mine. The exit is very tight to get out of and all lanes are one way so be careful if you have a big rig.

Perfect Camping Trip

Just had our first stay at this campground and we loved it. The site was spacious and right across from the bathrooms. Bathrooms were very clean. The ladies in the front office were very kind and welcoming. Only about 25 minutes from Long Beach Island. It's early in the season so it was relatively quiet, I imagine it's much busier during the summer. It was the perfect start to our camping season!

Great Campsite

We have been seasonal campers for over 20 years

Decent place for kids

The place was fun.. they have peddle cars and playgrounds. They deliver wood to your site by the truck full! Nice little store and staff are all friendly. My only issue is that there are no trees. It feels like you're camping out in a field with mostly sand around. But having said that, I'd still recommend it for all of the positive they do have.

Great campground

Been camping here for many, many years. New ownership has improved a lot of previous criticisms (water quality, staff friendliness). This is our "base camp" as we camp multiple times per year every year.

The bathrooms still are in need of a remodel, and their could be more kid activities. That's the reason for 4 stars.

Lots of shade, decent size sites. Loud and kid friendly, which is fine for us but might not be for some.

Great family spot

Great family run and owned campground. Clean, friendly and fun

Home away from home!

I started going to this campground when I was two! It really is a home away from home. The owners treat you like family, the campground is beautiful & there is so much to do for the kids and adults!!! It’s so awesome seeing my kids running around and now spending their summers there! Come check them out you definitely will not regret it!!!

Great Campground for An Early Spring Get Away

My family and I camped at Bass River this weekend. We arrived on Friday and camped on the south side camp area. I believe that the North area is closed due to Covid , but I am not 100% sure about that. The site we had was large with a trail that lead down to a stream. It looks like due to covid that every other camp site is being used. It was cold this weekend, and I think that had an effect on the amount of people in the campground as well.  There are no hook ups at the south end so we had to fill our tanks at the campground and bring a generator.

All of the other campers close to us were pretty quiet and the staff from the park as well as Park Police seemed to drive through every couple of hours. There were bathrooms near our site, but they did not have showers , or hot water. AT&T cell service was reliable at the campground. There are alot of well marked hiking trails here as well. The campground is about 10 mins from Tuckerton where there are numerous places to grab food as well as Pineands Brewery. Overall we had a great experience here. The campground was well maintained, and the staff friendly. We will go back again during this same time of year. I can not ssay how it would be to stay here during the peak season when the lake is open, but for this time of year it was great!