The best WALK IN camping near

208 Reviews

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Wildwood Camping Reviews
River views

The area was closed when we arrived. But from the looks of it, lots of good camping sites right along the river. Saw lots of grills and plenty of space between each site.

Private house?

Didn't find a campground, only someone's home. I didn't approach to ask, since it looks like a private home. Not sure why this is on the app.

Camping

Likes: Onondaga state park campground is one of my favorite camping spots in central Mo. The campground is very nice and clean and pads are level and all concrete with 50amp service and water hook ups. Very peaceful and friendly people. Dislikes: I’ve camped in a dozen sites at least there and never had a problem when it rained a little bit (rains ever time I go camping seams like!!) last week I stayed in site #65 and it sucked!!! The site has no run off and all the water collects on the concrete pad so there we sat. Walked out of camper and at least 2-3” inches of water stood on concrete pad with mud everywhere!! Finally after a day are so I couldn’t take it. ( I have 2 boys that wanted outside as well as myself) I went and bought shovel and started digging little ditiches so water would run way from camper.. With it being October it didn’t get real warm so the water was there for three days.. The one day it did get nice and sunny the yellow jackets and lady bugs where so bad that you had to watch every move you made.. The next day the camper was covered on the inside with lady bugs everywhere.

I will definitely return camping there but will avoid site #65

My fav!

Daniel Boone

Nice area, second camping area at the end of the road. No amenities at the end of the road, but there is a toilet at the first camping area. Beautiful scenery, alot of hunters.

Great location but NO PHONE SERVICE (ATT)

The campground is great.  Most of the sites are flat and paved.  The campground is right next to the Meramec River.  There is WiFi available but it is not reliable.  The cell phone service is virtually non-existent.  We had planned to work from here and had to cut our visit short.

Great For Adventuring

Whether you’re at one of the 25+ lakes in area, one of many beautiful trails, the mysterious WWII bunkers or the scenic roadways, Weldon Spring offers many an escape in the middle of town. Popular amongst marijuana users as the area is so big and close to the large sub-urban area nearby. It’s clean and a great spot for a group or individuals any time of the year.

This is somebody's house

I don't know why this is on the app but it appears to be someone's house

Well maintained

Camped here for two nights over a weekend. Grounds are clean and well-maintained. The bathhouse was clean and stocked. Could use another toilet during peak season, but otherwise better than adequate.

Fire pits have hinged grates that are in fairly good shape. You probably don't want to lay food directly on top of them, so bring cookware.

Sites were clean. Don't leave anything food-related laying out overnight, the raccoons will get it.

Staff was helpful and friendly.

Easy off highway stop

Quick one night stop along our road trip. Decent tent sites, standard ones are definitely more private than those with electric and water. Nice spot along the creek, but had other campers cutting through our site throughout the night. Overall decent experience.