The best TENT SITES camping near
Duquesne , MISSOURI

Most Recent Duquesne Camping Reviews
Primitive fun

This campsite is not for those who want amenities. There are 4 SPACIOUS sites and they are what I would call primitive. No hookups/ no electricity/ no running water. Good for star gazing. Two sites have a paved pad and two do not…depends what you’re looking for. There are quite a few trails ranging from 1.5-4.5 miles—- total of 14 miles of trails. The nature center is small but they have two bison, a coyote, and many other learning opportunities inside. Speaking of bison and coyotes… you’ll hear the coyotes all night howling and barking…the bison are roaming around which you will be able to see where they’ve been by the scat droppings around the road and trail system. Definitely something to see if you’ve never seen the plains before.

Nice creek and fall colors!

My first experience in an RV park and it wasn’t a bad one. Pulled into a tent site with my teardrop and stayed for a night. The RV side is exactly how I envisioned and packed pretty tight. Tent spots were fairly well spread out and in the back of the park. Only downfall, which wouldn’t matter in the summer months but the shower was outside and it was a little chilly. Overall my experience was pleasant and if I’m ever in the area, I will not hesitate to stop by again.

Great overnight resting place

Clean. Safe. Great for an overnight on our way from Joplin to OK City. $30 for electricity and water. Easy check in and plenty of spots. Also, near the casino if you’re interested. Nothing fancy, but we didn’t need fancy.

Second visit, first time camping.

We will be back. Nice flat site with grass! Only 10 sites with water and power, two with 50A. You have to request a fire ring and bring your own wood (PSA: don't transport wood that could carry harmful bugs). Indoor bathrooms and showers available at the main building. Simple, but clean. Staff was so friendly! The whole family loved the self guided tour of Big Brutus. Clean and well maintained camps. Truly a marvel to see up close.

Long term only

Hosts are quite rude

Summer after summer

My family has had a membership here for 20+ years. We come here and stay every summer! They have good size places you can stay as a family, as well as lots of RV spots. We absolutely love the mini golf course and game facility, as well as the Eagles Nest! There’s nothing better than sitting out on the deck watching the sun set after a long day on the lake. The bathroom & shower facilities are always clean, with excellent water pressure, and hot water.

Just pretty close to perfect

‘‘This Campground has sections. The one group is the (Sentury) Indian, and the second loop is the Eagle Point Fox loop. We were at the Sentry loop. We liked site 71 in that loop. It offered the most space and was a full hook up. That is one of the best things about this campground. Several full hookups. Boat ramp was nice. Not great but ok for kayaking. Nice swim beach. Campground host we met was not very friendly or helpful.

Good Rv Park

My friends had a RV here they kept year round. I loved going to visit them. They all ride golf carts around to visit and are a tight little community! You can go boating, fishing, hiking. There’s so much to do at Grand Lake!

Great place to go off road riding. Fun olace

This is a Off-road park that has cabins and other camping options.  Not a quiet place but for those looking to ride or enjoy some off-road fun this is a good place to play!  There are some hiking trails where you can ride them hike..

Quiet and good location

Stayed here for about 9 days and really liked its location to the water. Nice large area to walk around with the dogs which was a treat. Great SUP’ing :-)