Crystal Lake Park , MISSOURI

Camping Missouri Crystal Lake Park

Most Recent Crystal Lake Park Camping Reviews
Great state park near St Louis

Great well maintained state park right outside of St Louis. Park has an awesome trail system around the lake, and it looks like you can rent canoes/kayaks in the summer (was not open in the winter).

Small town lake

This is a small town campground off the beaten path. Great little get away spot with nearby stores.

Great for long term and regulars

A lot of these people keep their RV on their site year round which makes it easy to come and go as they please. There are some additional sites available and my children have enjoyed several nights here with their grandparents.

Recommended

The casino complex was closed due to COVID. Reservations are online and they email you the gate code and WiFi code. Security is proactive in patrols and are friendly and helpful. No frills but a great view of the arch. Centrally located and across the bridge from downtown.

A nice getaway

A friend discovered this gem a while back and we now frequent it. Super inexpensive for the space that you get. Free firewood. We have only stayed at the largest site as it has good fishing and a place for us to launch our paddleboards and kayaks. We easily fit a dozen people over the 4th of July. Nice hiking trails near. Watch for ticks. Don’t be alarmed if you see cats or the neighbors dogs roaming around the site. They are friendly.

Close to STL, beautiful bathrooms, restaurant on site, after hours check in

I specifically would like to point out things that I look for when booking because I’m usually already on the road when trying to find a place to stay. There was after hours check in! But also a so friendly staff in the office. Beautiful coded bathrooms with showers. They were heated and warm and very well marked.
We did get a 30amp spot, because we have a van with solar panels and didn’t need to hook up. From doing this we were placed under street lights so they were always on and bright directly on our van. The next night they let us move to a 50 amp. The 50 amp spaces were the only ones with firepits. Rvs are close to one another but I was completely okay with that. There was road noise, quite a bit. But large trash bins and a great bbq restaurant on the grounds! I was planning on grabbing a gallon of milk when we got there…there really is nothing around the rv park! Maybe a couple gas stations at best, but if you need groceries or anything, stop and get them before you get close. Stop in the town before.

Oh and an awesome playground for the kids!!

River views

The area was closed when we arrived. But from the looks of it, lots of good camping sites right along the river. Saw lots of grills and plenty of space between each site.

Private house?

Didn't find a campground, only someone's home. I didn't approach to ask, since it looks like a private home. Not sure why this is on the app.

Great place for RVs

veryone was super helpful and friendly. The campsites were a little close together and there were a lot of campers. They've got great ammenities: 30/50amp, water, sewer, wifi, pool, showers, fire rings, and a trash dumpster. They even filled up my LP on site. There's a small site for primitive camping by the pond with a gazebo to fish off of.

No Camping

There is a homemade sign that says no camping. I wish we would have known that before we got here. As far as I could tell the website said it’s open.