Camping in Sand Hill

49 Reviews of 13 Sand Hill, Mississippi Campgrounds

DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 6, 2021

Quick stop

This is just off of I-20. RV Parking lot in the middle of a quiet mobile home park. Easy access. Full hookups. Stores and restaurants nearby.

Reviewed Jul. 20, 2021

Basic

All the basic amenities

Month of VisitOctober
Zack K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2021

Been Camping here for years!

The place we go is in the national forest. You just pull up and camp in the woods. No amenities. Good hunting!

Month of VisitDecember
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2021

Great place

All the amenities

Reviewed Jul. 16, 2021

Peaceful

Peaceful location but extremely close to the city of Jackson

Month of VisitOctober
CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 27, 2021

Over all good

Nice campground. We stayed in back loop by lake. Sites were very narrow, no privacy, everyone is on top of each other. The site next to us had sewer hook up right on side of our picnic table. Lots of flies but no mosquitoes!

Crypto H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 3, 2021

I liked it.

It's been a few years. It was safe and friendly vibe. The staff was strict in enforcing rules. I enjoyed my stay. Locals will post up here. There was a pool.

Siteit was in an r.v.
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 16, 2021

Back at lake Lincoln after 25+ years

I came here once when we were kids, nothing popped out to me then as a kid.

Recently stayed there with my kids mostly because of nostalgia, my kids kinda had the same meh 😐 reaction.

Has a playground, swimming area was closed though.

This is another good park to come to if you're into…

• the ol heave ho gag. this is the day picnic area looking out onto the lake. can tell this gets a lot of use over the weekend for parties etc
  • good sites 👍nice shade😎
Site#2
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 15, 2021

My favorite camping site

It's daddy's favorite site so much that the kids are getting tired of going even though they do have fun.

It is 1st come 1st serve except for the group as site.

Unless your showing up late Friday or Saturday usually spots are available. Last two times I've been the whole park is full even the…

• nice paddling on the spring fed lake, but watch for stumps
  • this is site 9 on the lower loop
M
Reviewed Nov. 12, 2020

Park on the water

Beautiful and spread out nicely. On the water makes for some great walks. Pull thrus and back ins are all spacious.

Ron
Reviewed Oct. 2, 2020

This place is nice.

What can I say, tent camping, not much traffic and secluded enough with enough comfort for the kids.

Courtney B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 2, 2020

Very Nice, well kept

We just stayed overnight but it was very nice. Easily accessible from highway but felt like we were not in the middle of the city. Went for a nice walk this morning and saw a gator. This will be a great place for us to kickstart our trips since we typically leave right after work and can only drive…

L
Reviewed Sep. 9, 2020

Middle of the city gem!

This MS state park is smack dab in the middle of Jackson, MS. It is snuggled in the woods along a river. The bathrooms and sites were clean. Every site has a beautiful view. We stayed next to the river and encountered wildlife right away - gators, rabbits, birds. The trails are lovely, easy…

Mae
Reviewed Aug. 24, 2020

Good times.

First time going. Great place for the kids to go out and play. Ride bikes etc. Only negative is that the beach was over grown by grass and "beware of alligators." Kiddo and dogs had a blast. Will come back!