The best RV SITES camping near
Wesson , MISSISSIPPI

Most Recent Wesson Camping Reviews
Peacefully Amazing

This is a hidden Gem. Kid friendly, quiet, all hook ups, picnic tables, grills, fire ring, lake etc.

Good Stopover!

Pretty campground with small pool. If you want a spot after office closes make sure you make a reservation and they will leave everything in their drop box for you. Has laundry, propane services and lots of mature trees for shade. Have garbage pickup services too. Friendly staff and takes Escapees discount which is 15% which is better than Good Sam. Historical attractions nearby as is a casino. Would definitely come back again.

Great for us

Needed a place to stay a night, helpful staff, quite, nice facilities.

So peaceful

Don’t let the condition of the road or the buildings scare you away from this state park. These people have had to clean up after 2 hurricanes this year. All sites in campground B are level concrete, water and electric. State park grills, picnic tables and sunken fire pits all for just 20.00 per night. 20 minutes from downtown Natchez. Great spot.

This place is nice.

What can I say, tent camping, not much traffic and secluded enough with enough comfort for the kids.

Very Nice, well kept

We just stayed overnight but it was very nice. Easily accessible from highway but felt like we were not in the middle of the city. Went for a nice walk this morning and saw a gator. This will be a great place for us to kickstart our trips since we typically leave right after work and can only drive a little that first night.

Middle of the city gem!

This MS state park is smack dab in the middle of Jackson, MS. It is snuggled in the woods along a river. The bathrooms and sites were clean. Every site has a beautiful view. We stayed next to the river and encountered wildlife right away - gators, rabbits, birds. The trails are lovely, easy walks through cypress swamps and dry forest. One way the trail leads to a dam with old structures and great fishing opportunities, the other fork leads you to the museum of natural science! My children loved that!!! Upon checkout we had a nice converaation with the ranger. We cant wait to go back!

Well kept secret

This is a US Forest Service campground in the Homochitto Forest. The campground host doesn’t want the secret getting out. S/he jokingly told me “now don’t you go posting on social media” how much you love this place. But I do love this place. It’s definitely off the beaten track but worth the drive. It’s a great campground nestled in the woods. Some of the campsites border part of the lake and more are wooded. We stayed in the wooded area. Our campsite had a pretty picnic area with a wooden rail all around it and wooden steps down from the campsite to the picnic/grill area. There is a loop hiking trail around the lake and a longer mountain bike/hiking trail. The nearest town is Natchez, Mississippi so make sure stock up before you go to the campground. The campsites are mixed use RV/tent sites with water and electricity. They also have a dump station for RVs. There are two bathhouses with hot showers and flush toilets. I have AT&T and had trouble getting a cell signal to make phone calls except when I was up by the bathhouse. They accept the America the Beautiful pass discounts.

Free Campground right next to the Natchez Trace

Campground is very nice and convenient to the Natchez Trace. Nature and a beautiful place are your amenities. If you’re looking for a resort park with hookups then you will not find it here. If you’re looking for nature, a waterfall, remnants of a now abandoned once thriving town including two safes and a fully intact and functional church, a place steeped in history that happens to have paved campsites without bathhouses, electric or water hookups at no cost to you then welcome to what you’ve been looking for all day! I think it’s all about the perspective. This is a functional place enjoyed by many and great place to visit and stay a night or two as you travel the Trace.

Family friendly

Stayed here as a kid, and now I take my son to enjoy it! They have definitely improved over the years, and the kids LOVE it as much as I used to.