About Black Lake State Forest Campground
Black Lake State Forest Campground is located in Michigan
4 Reviews of Black Lake State Forest Campground
Phenomenal!

Stayed here during Labor Day weekend & the sites are huge! You don’t have to worry about your neighbors getting too close! Along with that, when we went there were little-to-no mosquitos! That’s enough to make a camping trip the best one yet. Plenty of access to the water as well! They also have the cleanest rustic bathrooms I’ve ever been to!

Head to the top!

There are two sides to this campground and although the lower side has lake front sites, they are pretty small. We opted to head over to the upper part where the sites are three times the size. We were only one of two campsites taken, so it was extremely peaceful and quiet. The sky was gorgeous. In the morning we took at dip in the beautiful crystal clear, sandy beach. It was pretty perfect. This was also one of the cleanest rustic campgrounds I’ve been to in a while. Great place!

beautiful

this beautiful campground has 2 parts, the upper which is geared to people with quads and dirt bikes, large sites close to trails, lower is right on lake, very nice water is great for swimming, shallow way out and nice and sandy. this is strictly a rustic campground with outhouses and one water spikot in each level (upper/lower)

Very nice sites on Lower Campgrounds right on the Black Lake shore

This campground has an Upper and a Lower. I stayed at the lower which has campsites right next to Black Lake. The sites were great and the grounds had all amenities. The view is wonderful and being right on the edge of the lake is really serene. It was $15 dollars a night which is a little high for me and you have to keep dogs on a leash which I also do not like, but I understand it is a camp for everyone and caters to boaters for sure. I enjoyed my stay and have to compliment the staff on upkeep as the grounds were clean, the restrooms were clean, it just seems like they take good care. I would definitely go again. Boaters and fishers should love these Rustic Campgrounds