Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 50 ft.
Cheboygan is located in Michigan
8 Reviews of Cheboygan
Fun Rustic Cabins!

We have been going yearly to the cabins in Cheboygan State Park for many years and have stayed at each cabin they offer.  All of them are great, vault toilet and hand pump for water, drive up (although the road in can be a little rough).  Some have better beach access then others, 2 of them have firepits on the beach to enjoy the amazing sunsets.  Excellent view of the bridge and many large boats going by, perfect photo opportunity!

Long dirt road to swimming beach

Camping is here pretty good overall. I have stayed in Teepee #9 twice now. The first time was very comfy, but the second time we had a lot of rain, and things inside the teepee got pretty wet. We tried to cover things with ponchos and that helped, but I could feel the rain bouncing from the wooden floor on to my face as I was trying to sleep. Meanwhile my son in a little tent stayed completely dry! I also realized this trip that chipmunks could possibly get in where the teepee walls meet the floor. Very pleasant hiking. I didn't like it that that it is a long distance from the campsites to the swimming beach. We ended up driving every time we wanted to swim and it was like driving over a washboard.

The campsites weren't huge, it felt kind of busy to me. Overall it was good, but not amazing.

Thanks, Cheboygan, for making my first night camping in Michigan a good one

Safe and dog/family-friendly +  gorgeous sunsets over Duncan Bay! Short walk from my campsite to the water. Easy check-in and quiet at night.

Lots of trees

The nice thing about Michigan State Parks is that you can make a reservation, which is nice reassurance if you’re traveling on a busy summer weekend. The downside is that they can feel really crowded. Even though the sites are close together, there is a lot of greenery to give you a valuable sense of privacy, and electrical outlets are a nice luxury. One drawback to all that green, this campground is pretty damp. Bring a few extra towels and bug repellent. Lots of cool frogs to see, though, and a lovely accessible beach right in the campground. Oh, and racks on the beach for your padddleboards and kayaks! Bring an extra padlock to take advantage.

Quiet Park

Great, quiet park away from any noise and traffic. Not a huge fan of the gravel road entry. Make sure you have plenty of bug spray!

Nice spot on the water

I grew up here and stayed here often. There is wild brook trout fishing to be had all around. Lots of trails. Cross country skiing in the winter. Great area!!

Place to chill

Alot of campsites in a relatively small area. A couple of teepees if you're so inclined. Nevertheless, you do feel like you're alone in your campsite if you don't pay attention to the others near you. Bathrooms, showers available. Easy to access the bay if you want to kayak or canoe.

Near Lake Huron

Rustic, beach over grown which was disappointing, campsites and access to town good points

Year 2021 Flag