The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Alexander , KENTUCKY

Camping Kentucky Alexander Standard (Tent/RV)

LIMITED TIME OFFER Try Pro Free for 3 Months

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Alexander Camping Reviews
Great campground for a family

We spent a week here in August of 2020. The kids enjoyed seeing the buffalo and playing at the playground. Very clean park with friendly staff. We had deer come in right next to our tent the first morning.

Kentucky Horse Park Campground, KY

Kentucky Horse Park is a working horse farm and educational center. Unfortunately due to COVID-19 the tours were unavailable when we visited. Regardless, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The sites were spacious and well maintained. They all come with a picnic table, fire pit and full hook-ups. The bathrooms, showers and laundry room were clean and also well maintained. The staff was friendly and accommodating. A great location, especially if planning to visit Lexington during your stay.

Closed

I called and This Campground was closed a Few Years ago. A Shame sense it’s in a Great Location

Where everyone is a family!

It doesn’t matter where you are from, this campground is a very friendly campground. Your neighbors are just like when you are home….well if you like your neighbors. But seriously everyone at this campground is like family! Bathhouse is very clean with heat and air conditioning. Nice playground for the kids. Putt putt golf and some history along with Quinton doing his nature walks, and events fit the family and kids with scavenger hunts.Also be sure to eat at the Hidden waters lodge!

Large campground

We really enjoyed this large campground. There’s a bike way that terminates in the campground that runs by the lake and near a prairie. It’s not a loop so you’ll have to pedal back.

There are multiple playground and loops. Lots of places roam!

Beautiful, clean peaceful

Beautiful, clean, peaceful, well maintained

Lots of trees and water, very calming

Park is nice with lots of trees and water. Small rental cabins surround the park. Owners are very nice and very helpful with tips and suggestions for the RV, and local eateries. We stayed one night on our way south from Indy. We wanted to visit The Ark and The Creation Museum, but cannot do both in one day. I deducted a star from overall and value rating only due to no direct sewer connection. Although they do have a dump station, I prefer to have a direct hook-up. Sites are pretty level, although we did have to unhook to keep truck from sticking out into road. SInce the park wasn't full, the owners let us park our truck in site next to us. We stayed in our 38' travel trailer with our Ford F250 truck.

Nice small campground

Went for one night. Enjoyed the atmosphere and the activities in the park.

Nice things come in small packages !

My wife and I have been camping for years. We decided to come to Kentucky to visit the Ark and the Creation Museum. I found this little campground by joining The Dyrt. Three springs, was the best choice this summer. Very friendly staff and delivered my firewood next to the fire pit. Loaned me an electric cord extension and it was a delight to stay there.

Over-nite in-route to another destination, okay for one night.

We stayed here one night on our way to Indiana and it was okay, just for that. I wouldn't stay longer, at least in the part of the park we were put in. If we stay again, we will pay the extra for a premium site. We were packed in so closely that it wasn't comfortable to sit outside the rig. Vehicles had to be parked along the road as the sites weren't long enough for the truck and trailer. This made it difficult to drive at times. We had to ask our neighbors to move their trucks when it was time for us to leave and it was still a tight situation. The road driving into the park is very narrow. I would hate to meet another truck or RV on it. One of us would have to back up for sure.

On the positive side, the park is pretty big, the staff is very nice, it's clean and seems to be well taken care of. The showers and laundry are open but we didn't use them so cannot say anything other then that they're open, which is a plus. They have a large children's play area and a bouncy/trampoline area that the kids seem to enjoy. The park seems like a family kind of park with lots for kids to do. As an empty nester, I'm looking more for a peaceful campsite where I can relax by the fire in the evening. This wasn't it for me. At least in the sites/area east of the office.