Camping in Bridgeport

68 Reviews of 17 Bridgeport, Iowa Campgrounds

Tim M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 10, 2021

Happy place

I have camped at lake wapello for 32 years in a row over my birthday in September it is the cleanest friendliest best wildlife great fishing wonderful campsites a place that I will always return to.

Month of VisitOctober
Miles M.
Reviewed May. 1, 2021

Great park!

We had site 24, sites were very spaced out and they are only on one side of the road so no sites backed up to ours. Plenty of room for our dogs

Art T.
Reviewed Apr. 24, 2021

Perfect getaway

Visited this place a couple times and it's a great location.

AThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 20, 2021

Quaint, clean, and pretty views.

This is a beautiful COE park along the overflow of the lake. Cell service was terrible, but we loved the park. People were friendly and super helpful!

Month of VisitOctober
Abby M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 12, 2021

Beautiful place!

This place is great! There are 10 beautiful campsites, all with new picnic tables, fire ring and cement pad so you’re chairs are actually level! The fire ring even has a grill you and flip over the fire to cook. There is a vault toilet up on the hill where the campsites are. FYI - the women’s side…

Christine R.
Reviewed Apr. 11, 2021

Early Spring Visit

Used to go here as a kid, was always good fishing. We visited one week before the water and modern bathrooms were ready, so that was challenging. The park seemed a little rough to be on the cusp of true spring camping. Derecho looks to have hit here, lots of clean up to do. I never saw a ranger or…

LThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 10, 2021

Great Burger bad park

The owner is still working to fix the park all of the in and out sites are grown over the gravel they need to get busy updating this park. Newton is a good place to grab a bite try Hy-Vee Market Grill

• looking at bath house
  • our site in the mud
Month of VisitDecember
Laura B.
Reviewed Mar. 8, 2021

Camping at whitebreast

Has some very nice shaded spots. Can walk down to the dock. We love to camp there every Fourth of July. It is a great place for all ages to enjoy.

SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 16, 2021

Perfect, overnight stay

Great overnight stay. Got in later a little than planned, after hours. Very quiet— great nights sleep.

KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 7, 2021

State park, make a reservation.

Good sized lake, nice beach, camp store operators real nice. Decent distance between sites for a state park on Iowa. Boat rentals. On my annual camp rotation.

Tim
Reviewed Dec. 20, 2020

Fantastic

Great camp grounds! New showers and toilets. Easy access. Not far from oskaloosa.

Elisha  L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 11, 2020

Nice spot for a day or 2

We have a last minute change in plans so needed a place to stay for a couple of nights.

Level sites with full hookups

Plenty of space to walk the dog

Right next to a gas station with great burgers and tenderloins!

It was cold and windy so we didn't get out much to explore. It is right next to…

Month of VisitNovember
Elisha  L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 11, 2020

LOVE!

I grew up a few miles from this state park so stayed here when we went back to visit family. This park, like all state parks, has had it's ups and downs. Unfortunately, the amazing swimming beach with concession stand and changing rooms with showers is gone. Due to the large population of geese,…

• Sun over the lake
  • Crane
  • Sunset over Rock Creek lake
Month of VisitNovember
Joyce M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 11, 2020

Very pretty scenery

I was only able to stay one night but i loved it. We hiked the equestrian trails one afternoon and the regular trails the next day. I camped in the equestrian campground and loved it with my popup. Outhouse type toilets are available there. I only drove past the RV campground and the campsites…

Maria H.
Reviewed Oct. 3, 2020

Perfect weekend getaway

10 free sites. Well maintained and quiet. Pit toilet. paved fire ring area and picnic table at each site. Can stay up to 14 days. Beautiful trails