Camping in Shedville

101 Reviews of 16 Shedville, Indiana Campgrounds

Cynthia K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Typical State run campground

Typical state run campground. Some sites are very close together, while some offer a little more room. Sites 221- 243, 202-204 offer lake views. I say VIEWS, not access.

Sites 228& 232 have sites with good access to the lake. Scattered throughout the park are sites with 50amp service. Fill…

Andy K.
Reviewed May. 6, 2021

Good campground

Campground is located on private property and all of the primitive spots are right on the lake or very close to it.

A few of them are a little too close together and there is a zipline that goes over a few of them so it can be a little strange with people flying over you on a busy day.

SiteR
Grant The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 4, 2021

Great place to stay!

The park is clean and quiet. Staff is very nice and accommodating. Love the guy that brought me firewood, he just kept it coming. Would recommend this place to anyone!

ProfG999 The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 26, 2021

Best campground ever!

I've traveled across the US and this is the best campground I've stayed in. First of all it's very clean which is surprising for Indiana. Back up to the river. Great views. Free hot showers! Quiet. Feels secluded though close to town. Good price too. Free wifi that worked so well we could both work…

Michelle M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 16, 2021

A nice way to get out of the city.

Summit Lake is a very nice place to get away for a weekend from Indy but not so much a destination spot. Friendly staff and well maintained. Wooded spots that are water adjacent are beautiful. Since it’s a no wake lake, the noisiest thing is usually the geese

You can rent a small boat by the day…

Marshall P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 13, 2021

Nice state park with several trails around a beautiful lake

We stayed before the peak season opened up.  Potable water was available at the entrance but was not on yet in the campground itself.   The sites are well spaced out with a few pull through sites and many back ins.

Our site was a pull through and, while level left to right, required a good bit…

Month of VisitApril
K
Reviewed Apr. 1, 2021

Nice campgrounds

Have stayed at this park twice and will go back again! Lots of sites with shade and sun. Well kept-up bath/shower facilities. QUIET!

• Great lake views
Siteit's a secret
Month of VisitNovember
Jacob A.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 3, 2021

Nice campground for a bike ride.

We have stayed at this park several times.  The camp sites are mostly spaced out for room, but some can get very wet and flooded during a nice rain.  The paved bike trail in the park starts near the campground, and connects with a bike trail along the Wabash River that goes into nearby Bluffton,…

• Looking at the bison enclosure from the fire tower.
  • Looking at the lake and road to the campground from the fire tower.
  • Site 40
Sitesite 40
Andrea F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 30, 2020

Off Season and No Water

We love camping in the off season but with that comes closures. Some sections of the campgrounds might not be open, no camp hosts and limited bathrooms and showers houses. This is to be expected, but when I called the morning of our trip to make sure potable water was available and I was told yes…

Michelle M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 16, 2020

A nice park. Electric only.

It’s a nice park for kids. Has a nice swimming pool. Easy trails. Nice playground. $5 firewood bundles. Mostly a weekender park. It is right next to a small craft airfield do it can get noisy at times and there is little wind protection.

Brady R.
Reviewed Oct. 27, 2020

Horse Campground - Great

I came here and stayed in my tent (family had their horse trailer with camper) for a night during the chilly nights of October. I wish all campsites were like these - very, very spread out!

Totally makes sense given that you have large horse trailers/campers and also horses at each site, but…

SiteSite 41
Month of VisitNovember
Shane H.
Reviewed Oct. 27, 2020

Views

Great spots up against the river and very clean park

Darrell B.
Reviewed Oct. 17, 2020

Great State Park

Great little State Park. Nice clean camp sites. Plenty of trails to hike and a nice little lake to enjoy. Will definitely come back here

rThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 24, 2020

I like it so far

Just joined.  Trying to find any city park or visitor centers permitting camping.  I know they are out there but not well known.  Easy to use.  Love the fact I can use it if offline.  I'll review in a few weeks when I actually need it.

Chad W.
Reviewed Sep. 20, 2020

2nd time with new camper

This was our second time here but with our new camper. Great location of pull through sites for families with kids because of proximity to playground. This will be a regular spot for us in the coming years.