Camping in Monmouth

130 Reviews of 37 Monmouth, Indiana Campgrounds

BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2021

Your mileage may vary

I’m glad we stayed four nights here. It gave us enough time to see both good and bad from this lovely state park. The bad included small sites, overcrowding, and a lot of raccoon activity. But the good was beautiful scenery, lots of amenities, a wonderful camp store, and a lot of friendly people!

• Boating lake on a rainy day
  • Water and shower building
  • General Store Sign
BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2021

Kids, don’t try this at home

While staying in the area, we decided to go check out this campground for a future stay. When we arrived at the road leading to the entrance (marked only by colorful flags) there was an event blocking us from getting to the campground itself. About a dozen golf carts were lined up to participate…

• Road sign
Adam M.
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2021

Former pick a spot now it's jt's lakeside campground I think

We have a blast!!!!! Bring your boat or watercraft! Plenty of lakefront camping spots on the barbie chain of lakes. Several (deep, clean) lakes hooked together by channels. Also hook into that big bass or musky!! It's crowded, pretty quiet usually, no showers or running water bathroom facilities.…

Monte M.
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2021

Very nice camp ground

We stayed there three nights had a very nice stay. They have alot of sites owners were very friendly people at the camp ground were all friendly. Nice lake, you can bring golf carts nice size camping lots. We will go back again great experience beautiful place.

SiteI think 31 not sure
Andy K.
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2021

I liked it

I spent one night here with my two dogs on Memorial Day weekend and I was much more impressed with this location than I thought I was going to be.

The park itself is very narrow and long, and stretches down the Maumee River bank.  It's very green with lots of trees and shade cover.  The paved…

Tina H.
Reviewed Jun. 2, 2021

Good little camp ground

It's a good little camp ground. Electric sites are small and not private. The outhouses are very clean.

• first trip in the Jayco
adrienn S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Great for families and group camping

If you're traveling with kids or enjoy the community of being near your fellow campers this is a great option. If you are looking for a peaceful retreat this may be a bit loud and busy. However, the many amenities are a great way to find peace with the 9 lakes, 12 trails and a beach for swimming.…

F
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Short trip for the zoo

Very straightforward reservation and check in process. The grounds are nice with a lovely river right across the street. Bathrooms are A+ with a code for only campers. I would definitely return here.

Site#18
Cynthia K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Typical State run campground

Typical state run campground. Some sites are very close together, while some offer a little more room. Sites 221- 243, 202-204 offer lake views. I say VIEWS, not access.

Sites 228& 232 have sites with good access to the lake. Scattered throughout the park are sites with 50amp service. Fill…

r

i went there

Andy K.
Reviewed May. 6, 2021

Good campground

Campground is located on private property and all of the primitive spots are right on the lake or very close to it.

A few of them are a little too close together and there is a zipline that goes over a few of them so it can be a little strange with people flying over you on a busy day.

SiteR
Susan S.
Reviewed Apr. 8, 2021

Great place to relax

My family camped here last summer and it was a nice getaway. Nice pool and clean pond for swimming and fishing.

Debbie S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 8, 2021

Quaint, quiet lakeside retreat

Absolutely love this peaceful, quiet campground. We stay here weeks at a time when visiting Cincinnati. It’s no frills, but the view, the ducks and the serenity are well worth staying here.