The best DRIVE IN camping near
Johnsonville , ILLINOIS

Most Recent Johnsonville Camping Reviews
Riverside Park

This is a cute little place to spend an afternoon. Park benches and pretty scenery, but no real hiking trails or camp sites. Nice place for a lunch with friends.

Crazy Convenient Overnight Spot

This place was a godsend. I called frantically searching for a space in late November and was greeted by a lovely person who got me all set up over the phone. She had me call as I was approaching and came down and met me at the office to check me in. It had water (with defroster on the podium), sewer and functional electric. Unfortunately the weather was garbage and I didn’t get to explore the lake but it was a great experience none the less.

Beautiful View of the Lake

This campground offers many sites that are right on the lake. Beautiful views. Also boasts the best shower house/bathrooms around. They are air conditioned and cleaned regularly.

Beautiful View of the Lake

Excellent layover spot

We travel between Charleston,SC and Omaha, NE several times a year and always stay here on return trip. Long first day drive, but so handy and staff couldn’t be more accommodating to our late arrivals. Just far enough from Interstate so noise isn’t an issue. Lots of services at the same exit.

Pretty but not very level

This is a nice campground on Rend Lake. The sites themselves are nice and the lake is beautiful! Our only issue is that the sites on not very level. Ours had a significant slope when we backed up the electric hookups. But it was a concrete pad with a concrete picnic table, firepit, and a tall hook for a light or garbage out of bear's reach. We saw a nice playground for kids. We would stay here again, just scout for a more level site.

Great campground

Site 26. We were basically by ourselves being mid week in November. Great view. Nice camp hosts. This place looks like it could get pretty full in the summer. It has its own swimming pool. Wish we could stay one more night.

Interesting!

We stopped here for a night. There is a restaurant near but it was closed. Mostly long term occupants with about 5 sites for travelers. It is on airport property and there is a helicopter service there. For the price we would stay again.

good view of the lake

Depending on what site you stay in you will have an amazing view of the lake. With several picnic areas and the marina close. I have enjoyed camping and fishing at this campground. However when the lake is flooded you can not access this campground.

Go Swimming

This wonderful camping area is beautiful with clean campsites. With picnic areas and a beach close you and the family will have a good time and make new friends. With sevral areas to choose from this is a wonderful campground.