The best GROUP camping near
Zetella , GEORGIA

Most Recent Zetella Camping Reviews
Great place

We go to camp here at least twice a year. Despite the crazy traffic in the capitol city, there are many restaurants with good food nearby.

Great service

Pulled in for an overnight on a road trip. Got in around 7:00 and was offered food from a little hot kitchen on site which was a great convenience after being in the road. Escorted to site by an attendant, ensured that we had everything we needed, shortly after they left they returned with a few warm cookies as a thank you for staying. Campsite trash service and other conveniences that made for a great short experience. Will be back.

Great Lake front sites

Nice small campground. Very well maintained. Site18 was great for us and boat and 2 dogs. Most sites were large with plenty of space. Water and electricity but no sewer. Have dump station. Nice areas between site and lake. Cell signal was good for Verizon and AT&T was good to stream video. Bathrooms very clean and lots of shower room. They do have a playground as well. The boat ramp was easy to get to for our small fishing boat. Launched my kayak right from the site. Great sunsets. The 3,600 acre Lake Juliette was nice. It was calm most mornings but usually a little windy in afternoon. The GP power plant is close by. There is some road noise at some sites since it is just off the road. Would not like a few of the sites due to that. Maybe not so bad in summer with leaves on the trees. Paul and Sue were very nice camp hosts and informative about the area. Had a great time. Looking forward to coming back in warmer weather and the fish are biting. Gave 4 stars due to road noise only. May not bother most people.

Nice hiking areas, clean sites and close to Atlanta.

Great State Park only 1.5 hours from Atlanta. We stayed in site 502 which was a good pull through spot. We noticed that most of the sites are not super private- it would be great if there were some low shrubbery in between sites (lots of very nice mature trees but not much down low to provide privacy). All areas were well taken care of and very clean (including the restrooms).  We really appreciated that each camping area Host had firewood to sell! Try and figure out where your campsite is PRIOR to going to the Park as there are two entrances and one entry is closer to campsites 1, 2, 3 and another entry is closer to campsites 4, 5, 6. The hiking trails were very nice.  We saw a good variety of birds including the very large Pileated Woodpecker. A group of white tailed deer also came very close to our campsite- one of the photos shows how nicely they blend into the woods!

Good Overnight Stop

This was a good overnight site.  Typical KOA pull through where you are close to your neighbor.  They have a small dog park which is a bonus.  Staff was friendly and helpful.

Wonderful view

Park is wonderful, can be overcrowded. Surrounding area can be a bit rundown

Community Effort

Unfortunately the weather wasn’t the best when we stayed here. I want to go back in the summer and hike the long trail. When we arrived there was obviously an event going on. The small town along the front of Indian Springs State Park seems to be very in tune with the park. There is an event center, excellent restaurant and small gas/grocery right by the entrance. The campground was full even though it was February, which once again speaks to the community and residents. Not the most private sites but they are roomy. I was way to close to the playground. Screaming children are annoying… I’m not referring to yelling and cavorting. These were squalling, screeching hellions with no regard to others around them. One even made a rush at my dogs as I was walking by :( Not much view but you are above some water. No trail near the campground unfortunately. I did not use the showerhouse, it was conveniently located, but was the only one so I’m sure it gets busy.

We enjoyed the nature trail but skipped the longer more difficult trail due to incoming weather. Saw some deer, not much else. Not a well marked trail but we figured it out. I saw people headed to the spring with empty containers and the falls or cascades, were very beautiful.

Small, but designed well

This is a smaller park, but the sites are spread out well. Super quiet, lots of trails to follow - including paved ones (bonus for us as we have a baby in a stroller), full hook ups (w,e,s), and has a splash park during the summer time. We will be returning quite a bit since it’s close to home.

Freedom Rocks

Brand new place that is definitely worth a visit if you like freedom. You can tell that the property has been empty for quite some time, but I saw a pretty good bit of progress during the time I spent there. I'll definitely be returning for a visit again soon when the weather is a bit warmer!

Awesome views

We camped here for 3 nights and will definitely be back. We were in the red section because I thought it had more views and ambiance. We were in a lakeside site and the mountain and the lake was simply beautiful. The site was tight and a little scary to back in as we got there after dark. The drop off was steep at the back of the site. But we managed and was glad we picked it. We did not use the bath house so can’t review those. We were there to visit our daughter in Decatur so we didn’t spend nearly enough time at the park. But next time we will! The WiFi was okay but not great. I’m sure it fills up in the summer as it is a great place to take your bikes or simply walk.