Camping in Shell Point Village

31 Reviews of 8 Shell Point Village, Florida Campgrounds

Jeff R.
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2021

Always open

With a newly purchased Catalina and a few days before memorial weekend we found this very nice Campground. Nice folks and staff.

Michael L.
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

maiden voyage

friendly staff on site. very nice sites on river inlet with perfectly placed utilities. bet clean restrooms and showers within a brief walk from every site. didn’t use pool but looked very clean and well maintained. look forward to visiting again when county wide recreational burn ban is lifted. a…

• nice tree cover
  • steps from trailer
  • lol gator
Joshua B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2021

First trip

This is the first trip out in the new camper. It’s a small drive from where I live. The campsite is clean and lots of trees and a beautiful river to explore. You can launch you kayak or canoe right from your spot.

Tucker B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 28, 2021

Huge Open Field With Miles of Trails

Just hit this equestrian campground for a single night and I had the place to myself.

There was a single cameraman from a local news affiliate shooting video of deer in the field at sunset.

And a group of ladies on horseback went for a sunset trail ride, but after dark it was all mine.

Super…

Tucker B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 28, 2021

Huge Open Field With Miles of Trails

Super…

Lorenzo E.
Reviewed May. 24, 2021

Peace time at Peace River

Canoe Outpost Peace River has different length of trips you can do. My wife and I have done the 12 mile twice. It was relaxing and the service they have to take your gear to campsite is just amazing. Highly recommend!

SiteHighpoint campsite.
cThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 9, 2021

It’s ok

Clean and office friendly and helpful. Seasonal campers are standoffish. Not welcoming and friendly.

Siteback side
Month of VisitFebruary
VThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 26, 2021

Great place for our first trip

We went here for our very first trip with our new to us travel trailer. The ability to pull through a site was awesome. The site itself had good shade and it was level. We enjoyed the large pool, and the other guests we met were very friendly. The bath house was very clean.

Month of VisitOctober
PThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 11, 2021

Fossils, Tilapia, Alligators and the Peace River

This park seems to flood and have limited sewer sites but is a great place to find Shark teeth and other fossils. I once had to abandon my Tilapia as the alligator appeared to want it more than me!

Close attractions include the Solomon Castle, well worth visiting.

• Kayaking to my site at the river's bend.
  • Relaxing at the river's bend, my site.
  • Pioneer Park
Month of VisitDecember
Kevin T.
Reviewed Feb. 8, 2021

Redneck playground

We had an amazing time staying at this campground. Lots of swimming we had a rope swing at our site on the river we also rented a golf cart which was a lot of fun for my daughters.We found about a dozen sharks teeth well digging in the river it was a lot of fun. Only thing is to expect four…

Kevin T.
Reviewed Feb. 8, 2021

Redneck playground

We had an absolute blast staying at this campground. My three daughters didn’t stop the whole time between swimming renting a golf cart jumping in the river from the rope swing and swing at our site. We found about a dozen sharks teeth while digging in the river. Our family is probably going to…

Penny M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Feb. 6, 2021

Privacy and sandy trails

We stayed in a campervan and upon arrival saw 4 campsites packed together a d the entire field was open which had many other campsites. We drove into camp site 20 instead of our reserved site 2. There was no body working there so I guess switching campsites was okay. I did call and let them know o.…

B
Reviewed Feb. 3, 2021

ATV Heaven/Heck

Camped night before Peace River canoe trip. Plenty of ATVs zipping around. Not my thing.

Dan X.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 11, 2021

Great for RV/ATV/dirtbikes ... not so much if you prefer primitive tent

Ended up here after our first choice was flooded out.

Pros:

Lots of amenities and a camp store. Even if you're 'primitive' camping, there are amenities at the entrance of the property.

Close to Peace River for fossil hunting - we found LOTS and the camp store sells all the gear you…

Month of VisitDecember
Melinda H.
Reviewed Oct. 13, 2020

Beautiful campground.

Right on the river. Boat ramp awesome roomy sites. Bathrooms were clean. Nice pool. Definitely will be back