Camping in Fort Gadsden

75 Reviews of 12 Fort Gadsden, Florida Campgrounds

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Perfect overnight stay

We stayed here one night for a quick spot to sleep and relax while traveling on the road. The owners were very accommodating as we arrived very late in the evening. The campground was clean and felt safe.

Dale W.
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2021

Well maintained and beautifully located.

Awesome campground with good amenities. Each site has fire ring, picnic table, water and electric. Most sites had good flora between sites, offering a little privacy. Restroom and shower facilities with a coin operated laundry.

Ranger Rob shared a secret, two campsites cannot be reserved and…

SiteWeeping Ridge Family Campground
Cindy B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 27, 2021

The Ho Hum is Anything But

The Ho Hum is a great little campground right on St George Sound near Carrabelle. The sites are gravel, level, and large enough. All are full hook-ups. There is a very nice bathhouse and laundry on the property, and a propane fill station. Our campsite was one tier back facing the water. We could…

Michael L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 26, 2021

No frills old Florida

We got there late and woke up the next morning to a view of the water. Stayed a week. Met some great people, rented a golf cart and explored the beach. We loved it!

m
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2021

Block from the beach

Office staff were very helpful and WiFi worked great. Also short drive to the beach. Bath house needs lots of work but is functional. Campground has small mobile home lot at back of property.

Jacqueline F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2021

Quaint spot with outstanding lake views

Stumbled upon this campsite through the app and after reading the reviews figured I better check it out. You will not be disappointed! It’s tucked away surrounding by lake. Extremely quiet! Woke up early to see the sunrise and it was the icing on the cake :) even witnessed a gator swimming! The…

• early morning sunrise on the lake
  • setup
  • sittin on the dock of the bay
Angela M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 2, 2021

One of my all time favorite places

This is one of the most amazing little spots. The true forgotten coast. From the bay to the Gulf of Mexico beautiful scenery, lots of nature, and some of the most breathtaking sunsets you can catch. Unfortunately hurricane Michael devastated this area causing the camping site of the park to…

Tucker B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 16, 2021

Biggest Gator I've Seen Yet!

Was able to reserve this spot day of as I was heading into Tallahassee.

Reminded me of campsites in my western mountains and was nice to camp on a soft bed of leaves and pine needles.

Caught a beautiful sunset over the lake and saw a massive gator hanging out by the fishing pier.

The gator…

D
Reviewed May. 14, 2021

Great little farm to stay on

I stayed with a larger group and we all had an amazing time. The owner of the farm was so welcoming and accommodating. She even gave us a tour of the farm in the morning and we were able to play with a ton of goats and chickens! It was such a great experience with genuinely kind people.

Ronald C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 7, 2021

great secluded spot

stayed there 3 nights . weather was perfect and enjoyed the view . the beaches are loaded with oyster shells so if you want to swim you have to walk down by the boat ramp .

SiteC9
SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 16, 2021

Great view

It was everything their web site says. Easy in and out. Water pressure was a little low. The wifi was useable but if you go for the paid upgrade ($1.50 a day) be aware it is apparently for only one device. That not stated upfront.

Siteocean view
Nathan L.

Nice park

I only got to spend a night here but my family enjoyed it. Nice little beach and great peer for fishing. Friendly campers in that area. Would stay again in a heartbeat.

PThe Dyrt PRO User

On the Gulf, No distractions

It's the views that bring you to the Ho Hum RV Park. I had a waterfront site and thoroughly enjoyed letting the dogs run on the beach. At the end of the fishing pier you can see the crabs clinging to the support poles.

Great Gulf views.

• Fishing Pier
  • Fishing Pier
  • Beach
Month of VisitApril
S
Reviewed Apr. 10, 2021

Great location & beautiful campground!

We booked a night last minute while driving through the state. The campground was quaint & VERY well maintained grounds. The sites were nice & not washed out. Bathrooms were large & have covid guidelines in place. We stayed in waterfront site #7. The only reason I would drop a star…