Benbow , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent Benbow Camping Reviews
Great for over night

Stayed in parking lot for an over night stay heading up the coast. Safe, easy, cheep. 14.00 for parking lot around $30 for hook ups in grass area. Cute town.

Right in the trees

We checked out these grounds on our way to the Burlington campground as this site is just east off the same exit. While it might be an excellent place if you’re not too picky about sloping sites, we were very pleased to be staying at Burlington which ended up being nice and flat. Excellent facilities otherwise

Amazing litte spot

Great spot … hasn't been really crowded when I have been there the past month..

On Paper Great But...

Hypothetically this place looks great on the internet and when you first arrive it appears clean but sit back and really look around and watch what’s going on. A lot of coming and going at all hours, transient signs by the river, full timers hiding out only coming out at night, something going on here. Lots of talk when checking in about “smoke” and growing. Yeah… not again.

Not that great

Bunch of trimigrants or transients living here and it’s creepy. Weirdos walking around all hours of night and not cool with the family. Will never be back here again but plan on suiting the redwoods more often. Just don’t let them out you in the back if you do stay. Oh and where we were it’s 30 amp not 50 if that matters.

Full hook ups and walk into town!

Super quiet on a Monday only 3 other RV’s there. Walked around Ferndale and had great Mexican food. The coffee shop in town was super cool and cozy.

Isolated and quite....

But to fall asleep to the sound of the ocean wanes hitting the shore, that's heaven for me!

Not a whole lot of people when I went for the first week of November 2020. Had some great conversation with some that were there. It was a solo trip for me and my first time camping in over 20 years. I'll come better prepare next time but overall had an amazing experience.

Good stay.

It was very good stay. We reached there around 10:30 PM. Their entrance closes at 10 PM but they allowed us. Water level was not that much when we had visited.